Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Sedan/ Coupe vs. Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 12:30 PM

Car Info: 2016 CWP WRX
hey there,

me again...

stock for stock, there is not much of a difference between the two. especially performance wise. here's how it breaks down...

sedan has 20mm total wider track.
sedan has "sport tuned" (read: a tad bit stiffer springs) suspension.
sedan has 20 mm rear sway bar.
sedans suspension geometry is a bit different to compensate for the wider track.

wagon weighs about 100 extra pounds. that is not that much.
wagon is better balanced due to a more 50/50 balance
wagon shares same suspension (for the most part) with the older GC8 chassis, so still an awesome handling car.
wagon has a TON more room to haul stuff.
wagons make a great sleeper, especially with a cute chick driving one
wagons (to me) look better.

the reality is, throw some eibach springs on the wagon, put on a 20mm rear sway bar (it bolts on), get some wider tires or wider rims and tires, and the wagon is just as capable a car. when alex and i first got our cars, we drove each others cars, and we could not see any difference.

if i get another rex (err when ) it will more likely be an STi, which will only come in a sedan body style at first. no biggie. i will probaly also have an audi S4 avant or a turbo legancy to offset the sedan. if the STi came over as a wagon, I would get it hands down....

if you like the wagon, get one. your boyfreind will proly end up driving it more....

josh
Old 12-22-2002, 08:51 PM

Car Info: 2016 CWP WRX
ice t

it should be your first mod after you get new tires. makes a noticible difference

josh

Quick Reply: Sedan/ Coupe vs. Wagon