Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Questions about shifting, moonroof, and sitting position

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 08:51 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX
Questions about shifting, moonroof, and sitting position

I've tried to search for these questions but I have no idea what key words I should use to search for these things.

My first question is about shifting. When I up shift my RPMs jump up about 150 RPMs then down to where it should be. I know that when I engage the clutch I don't put any gas in. Does this happen to anyone else??

My second question is about the moonroof. When I hold the button down to close the moonroof why does it stop about 1/4 of the way? I have to release the button then push it again to close it.

My last question is about my sitting position. I seems like I sit extreamly high. My head is like 3 inches from the roof. Im not very tall, 5'11", and was wondering if anyone else sits like this. The chair is all the way down and I don't sit close to the steering wheel. The back rest is leaned a good ways back too.

I've got an 04 WRX
Thanks for the help

Last edited by sssp; 08-07-2004 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:25 PM
VIP Member

Location: Are you too one of the few still living the past? Well I can change that! With a simple wicket. Yes, my friend, a wicket. PM for details.
Car Info: No car right now....sob.
I can answer 2 of those for ya.

-Moonroof- It closes part way so you can have a small bit of airflow without the roof having to be open.

-Sitting- However you feel comfortable sitting is the best way.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:41 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by sssp
My first question is about shifting. When I up shift my RPMs jump up about 150 RPMs then down to where it should be. I know that when I engage the clutch I don't put any gas in. Does this happen to anyone else?
I think the idle speed is set by the ECU to prevent stalling the engine when the throttle closes suddenly, as in between shifts. If it bothers you, lift a moment sooner before stepping in the clutch.

My second question is about the moonroof. When I hold the button down to close the moonroof why does it stop about 1/4 of the way? I have to release the button then push it again to close it.
I don't have a moonroof so I don't know how large a gap it leaves open after holding the button down the first time. It could be a safety measure built into the moonroof to prevent crushed fingers. The second push of the button would have to be deliberate so even a passenger would have a chance to withdraw their hand. It's sort of like the reason the driver's side window has an automatic down switch for convenience but cars do not come equipped with switches to raise the windows in one touch because if your hand becomes caught in the door, it could be difficult to reach over with your right hand to lower the glass, especially if you're driving.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 08-07-2004, 10:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by sssp
My first question is about shifting. When I up shift my RPMs jump up about 150 RPMs then down to where it should be. I know that when I engage the clutch I don't put any gas in. Does this happen to anyone else??
Mine does this. I don't remember why. It's not a problem and you'll get used to it.

My last question is about my sitting position. I seems like I sit extreamly high. My head is like 3 inches from the roof. Im not very tall, 5'11", and was wondering if anyone else sits like this. The chair is all the way down and I don't sit close to the steering wheel. The back rest is leaned a good ways back too.

I've got an 04 WRX
Thanks for the help
Your head is probably closer to the roof because the sunroof brings the headliner a bit lower. I don't have a moonroof and I felt like I sat real high when I first got the car. Felt like a truck or something. I got used to that too And lowered the car

Have fun with it
Old 08-08-2004, 12:13 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
That's a safety feature like WW mentioned.