Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

posting blues

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 09:29 PM

Car Info: 04' wrx
posting blues

I am interested about what people think about posting blues. Let me explain. I want to know why a post can have 500 views and only have 3 posts. It will some times just die right there. It is really annoying. If you don't wnat to comment then why are you here. Ok sometimes a thread tiltle is totally bad, but at leat say that. Are people too busy to comment even just to say hey. There are a few here who comment on almost every thread and that is really cool. If you are a visitor and aren't sure whats going on then just register(be sure to give Alex a valid e-mail) and just ask someone. I think that I-club and the internet ingeneral have given use the opportunity to get together and chat we may agree or disagree but at leat say something. Also I have not seen the moderators do this( i have not been a member long) but please do searches berfore you post. I think that would help the crappy post we have alot. Just my 2 cents tell me what you think. Or be defiant and just view this thread and don't comment on it. Ain't America great. Thanks for reading. God bless my subbie!

:banana:
Old 02-06-2004, 09:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Well, sometimes when I get to a thread, what I wanted to say has already been said. Or I don't know the answer to the question. Or I don't have anything valuable to add to the discussion. There are many reasons for reading and not posting.

But, I and many others do try to contribuite to any thread we can.
Old 02-06-2004, 10:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally posted by nKoan
Well, sometimes when I get to a thread, what I wanted to say has already been said. Or I don't know the answer to the question. Or I don't have anything valuable to add to the discussion. There are many reasons for reading and not posting.

My post is a prime example of why people don't post in every thread, and an illustration of nKoans point. He said what I would have said, but, if I were to do what you request, I would simply quote nKoan and move on.

good for my scooby snack count
not good for the board.

So if a thread sucks, or the thread is exhausted (IE: question answered, or most points covered), there's not much point to me quoting someone and moving on.
Old 02-06-2004, 10:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer

Old 02-06-2004, 10:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
On 'those' posts....you know the one I'm talking about. The ones where they're the first in the list when you do a search, and they have every single subaru guru chiming in with citations of .0001 specs, and procedures that they've tried a bazillion times that the average guy doesn't know about; these don't require a thankyou from all of us schmo's who have put it's 'viewed' count into the thousands.

I think I, personally, can claim no threads I've originated as being one of those. I'm the guy who uses these boards as a sort've encyclopedia and bumps viewed counts up for viewing them multiple times.
Old 02-06-2004, 10:21 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB
there are too many trolls around here.. as soon as you try to be helpful somebody replies with some nasty misinformation to discredit whatever it is you just said. I tend to just send PM's
Old 02-07-2004, 11:03 AM

Car Info: 2000 Impreza Coupe RS-T Tec3/Vishnu turbo Color: B
wrx10404,

What you suggest is totally wrong. We don’t want people posting "just to say hey" if that's not what the thread is about. If it is a "welcome to the board" thread than yes by all means, but as it was said above, if you don’t have anything good to add to the topic or it has already been provided or proved, than there is no reason to post. Like you said if the title is bad or incomplete then you get higher view to reply ratio.

If every post you make has a high view to reply rate than think of changing what you post, limit your posts to good info only, post in the right form, and give very descriptive titles. Limit your quotes to only when needed etc. Also If you post in a forum that gets very few post, the post stays on the first page longer and thus gets more views.

The natural nature of a thread is for it to die out when not needed anymore, or totally a lame post. If everyone posted every time they viewed it would be very hard to find the good posts mixed in with the old or dead topic posts.
Old 02-07-2004, 02:53 PM

Car Info: 04' wrx
Originally posted by david2z4
wrx10404,

What you suggest is totally wrong. We don’t want people posting "just to say hey" if that's not what the thread is about. If it is a "welcome to the board" thread than yes by all means, but as it was said above, if you don’t have anything good to add to the topic or it has already been provided or proved, than there is no reason to post. Like you said if the title is bad or incomplete then you get higher view to reply ratio.

If every post you make has a high view to reply rate than think of changing what you post, limit your posts to good info only, post in the right form, and give very descriptive titles. Limit your quotes to only when needed etc. Also If you post in a forum that gets very few post, the post stays on the first page longer and thus gets more views.

The natural nature of a thread is for it to die out when not needed anymore, or totally a lame post. If everyone posted every time they viewed it would be very hard to find the good posts mixed in with the old or dead topic posts.
That's a good point. I guess i didn't really mean "just to say hey" I kinda ment just to bump the thread. If the info is bad then people need to say that it is bad. Well iguess that probably won't work either becuse some people do not take critisism very well. All i all i think that I-club is a good place and maybe instead of being negative i should have asked people what their opinions of I-club are.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:50 PM

Car Info: 01' BRP RS
trust me, when you have email notification on you dont want everyone on the board to bump your thread up without adding anything valuble...

~SGD
Old 02-08-2004, 06:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: want a WRX
my email notification doesnt even work anymore lol
but yeah these are great points...i usually post in a lot of threads but sometimes im just too lazy or like people have said...theres nothing more to say....other times im sick of the same question being asked over and over...so instead of being an *** i shut up and just move on...but normally many of us share our opinion and contribute a good amount to i club...this is really a cool place...great just the way it is
Old 02-08-2004, 06:25 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by awns729
my email notification doesnt even work anymore lol
At the present time you must manually subscribe to the thread by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page. Automatic thread subscription by simply posting was turned off because of the number of bounced e-mail notifications.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 02-08-2004, 06:56 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS(Ti)
Maybe we should have a posting etiquette sticky.

Old 02-08-2004, 07:11 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner

Old 02-09-2004, 11:19 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 Honda S2000
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ditto
Old 02-10-2004, 01:04 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally posted by wrx10404
I am interested about what people think about posting blues. Let me explain. I want to know why a post can have 500 views and only have 3 posts. It will some times just die right there. It is really annoying. If you don't wnat to comment then why are you here. Ok sometimes a thread tiltle is totally bad, but at leat say that. Are people too busy to comment even just to say hey. There are a few here who comment on almost every thread and that is really cool. If you are a visitor and aren't sure whats going on then just register(be sure to give Alex a valid e-mail) and just ask someone. I think that I-club and the internet ingeneral have given use the opportunity to get together and chat we may agree or disagree but at leat say something. Also I have not seen the moderators do this( i have not been a member long) but please do searches berfore you post. I think that would help the crappy post we have alot. Just my 2 cents tell me what you think. Or be defiant and just view this thread and don't comment on it. Ain't America great. Thanks for reading. God bless my subbie!

:
shut up noob

:banana:

Quick Reply: posting blues