Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.
View Poll Results: What name do you like best?
Automatrix
35.71%
AutoAnvil
0%
Auto Evolution
14.29%
Everclean
7.14%
Bluestorm
42.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Please vote a name for a car detailing product.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 02:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
For me it would have to be either Automatrix or Bluestorm (I voted for Automatrix).

Automatrix-positive- I think its the coolest sounding of all the names. AutoAnvil and Everclean are easily at the bottom of my list, they just sound too blatant and cheesy to me. Auto Evolution sounds alright, but Automatrix sounds better IMO.

Automatrix-negative- I sounds like you are biting off of a certian popular movie title. I personally don't like that, no matter how cool the name may be. Also, the name doesn't really say "cleaning products" to me.

Bluestorm-positive- The name really ties in well with Auto cleaning products. I like the name as well.

Bluestorm-negative- The name sounds like it came out of the 80's. Maybe this isn't a negative point if the product line is going for the retro-new wave type deal, or maybe it won't strike that tone with other consumers. But do yourself a favor and spell bluestorm correctly. No "creative spelling" with this name please.

I'm fairly neutral on Auto Evolution. I have no strong positive or negative feelings for it. The only negative I can possibly think of would be the fact that it sounds generic and doesn't really say "cleaning products" to me. Auto Evolution could be just about anything. Maybe if it was Auto Evolution: Auto Cleaning Products or something like that... just a thought.

AutoAnvil makes me think of ArmorAll, and I never liked that name.

Everclean is just too blatant. I prefer a more subtle references to the product line.
Old 10-13-2003, 03:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
David's Details certianly does add the small, "boutique" sounding ring to your product. And of course, to most people small company equals higher quality (and I'm guessing that you have higher quality then mass marketed products).

I can't really think of any strong positives or negatives for David's Details. I'd throw it in with Auto Evolution. They are both very different names. So in the end, if it came down to David's Details or Auto Evolution, it would all depend on what image you would like to portray to your customers.

David's Details would pop out to those who a looking for a non-mass marketed type of product and prefer the mom and pop feel. On the other hand, Auto Evolution sounds a little more cutting edge. I think picking one over another would all depend on what type of image you would like to portray.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:16 PM
Sarcastic Jackass

Car Info: i drive a beater
Griot's Garage rocks!