Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

PICS from my trip to the Japan WRC...Finally!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by nKoan
When are you thinking of going? Theoretically, I should be out there in the begining of April.
whoa! Where you gonna be? I dont have a set time as of yet, would be cool to hook up with some locals!
Old 10-10-2005, 07:59 PM

Car Info: N/A
OHHH DAMN!! Krink's that was one of the best write ups dude. I said it before and I'll say it again you are one of the funniest guys in this forum always have me busting up laughing.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:02 PM

Car Info: WRX '03
awesome pics bro.. best theread ever

and this pic..

speechless!

what u think about wrc mexico next year?

[quoute]this town goes off, GOES OFF!! and its great to be a westerner here, theres really hardly any here and I got tons of attention everywhere I went. Had random girls sending me drinks from the other side of the bar, man if your looking to hook up...[/quoute]
i want to go there!
Old 10-10-2005, 08:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Originally Posted by Krinkov
whoa! Where you gonna be? I dont have a set time as of yet, would be cool to hook up with some locals!
My friend is teaching English in Utsunomiya, Tochigi. So, I don't really have a plan yet, but I was thinking of checking out there, Motegi Twin Ring is supposed to be close by, and Tokyo. Don't really know yet.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:16 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX, Nissan R34 25 GT Turbo

My family and I are heading out to Japan around April - May time frame. Going to visit with my in-laws and drive / race my car there. Kyushu / Kumamoto area.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:08 AM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
WOW, I'm crazy jelous, I haven't been to Japan in a long time.

1. I thought you went with your wife?

2. There are more Japanese swords in the US than in Japan, the "International" Samuri sword show was about a month ago in one of the hotels near SFO, if I knew you had the interest I would have invited you. Lots of stuff for sale, you can get new old and very old Japanese swords there. Still pretty expensive.

3. When you talk about the milk, you are talking about the soy milk right? I saw very little cows milk in Japan, not zero, but not common.

4. The difference in price between the $80 and $100 dollar cantalope is how close to spoiling it is. When I was there cantalope and honey dew were pretty expensive. Bananas were expensive too, but affordable, only like $5 each for a yellow one and $1 each for brown.

Looks like crazy fun dude - I wish I could go

Last edited by AntiochCali; 10-11-2005 at 07:11 AM.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:47 AM
ZK

Car Info: 08 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 10
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
What part of Osaka where you in?!
I was in Osaka, I stayed at a friend's relative's place there for a week and took the Shinkansen all over Japan. I dunno, I have to say its 50/50 for cute girls.. there are cute ones but there are some butt ugly ones too.

As for the teeth, I think its better in the more populated areas because they would spend more money on appearance and actually visit the dentist. My ex was from Nara and she told me how dental work is extremely expensive and so not very many people get braces and dental work done.

What's funny is that being Asian everyone assumes you're Japanese. So when you start speaking English to people they get scared and give you a "What's wrong with you?" look.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:44 AM

Car Info: a car with 4 wheels
the blue one is a JP version of Matrix

alan'05

Fun stuff on the streets.

They cant just use normal traffic warning signs or hazzard lights, its always some multicolored pinwheel or flasher that looks more at home in Disneylands mainstreet electrical parade then on the street tying to warn me about construction. This one was the best, its a little cartoon man with a robotic arm waving at traffic, OMG :rotfl:

we all know about the JDM cars we dont get, but there are just a TON of cars over there we dont get that Ive just never heard of, cool ones, like this whole segment of midsized sport wagons, Nissan, Honda, Toyota all have theirs that we dont get, and they look hot! Heres the Nissan.

Heres this toyota one, turbo too, dont know what one it is, only said "GT4" on the back, anyone know?

Once in a while you will see an American car on the road, and its always a big obnoxious one too, like a Camaro or this H2, almost just for the novelty

Old 10-11-2005, 11:13 AM

Car Info: WREX
Damn, the advertisements over there just flood the streets, buildings, everything.......And the women are so f*****g SEXY!
Old 10-11-2005, 12:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: a few WRX's and a Z ;)
can't wait to go there this january.

sd
Old 10-11-2005, 12:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Fun stuff on the streets.

Once in a while you will see an American car on the road, and its always a big obnoxious one too, like a Camaro or this H2, almost just for the novelty

wait... so if a japan made car sells for cheap in japan what does a hummer cost?

please dont tell me its double the price we pay cause that would just be sad...
edgar,
Old 10-11-2005, 12:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Hey JDM teeth aren't so bad IMHO. Maybe I'm biased haha

AntiochCali: No, I'm talking about milk from cows. It's crazy tasty, especially the stuff from Hokkaido. Hokkaido's famous for its top notch dairy products.

Mine's Racing GDB: No, I'm sure it's a Toyota Caldina GT4... The Japanese version of the Matrix is one of the (dozens of) permutations of a Corolla wagon
Caldina HP: http://toyota.jp/caldina/index.html
Caldina GT-4: http://toyota.jp/caldina/grade/gt_four/

Last edited by Choku Dori; 10-11-2005 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:40 PM

Car Info: WREX
Yeah, the U.S. cars are probably insanely priced, and whoever driving was probably connected to the TRIAD................
Old 10-11-2005, 12:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
^^^
Yakuza, triads are the Chinese
Old 10-11-2005, 12:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
if i ever go to japan i want a member of the TRIADs to be my tour guide

haha... im sure he would hand me anything i wanted!
edgar,

Last edited by zumnwrx; 10-11-2005 at 12:49 PM.

Quick Reply: PICS from my trip to the Japan WRC...Finally!