Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

No posting I-club links on NASIOC

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 01:55 PM

Location: At the store trading the box of tissue in on some brawny!
Car Info: Platinum 02 WRX, Progress springs,JIC Bullet exhaust , STI shifter, Accessecu, Rota Sub Zero
Thumbs down No psoting I-club links on NASIOC

I just embarrassed myself trying to post a link to my thread in the Mid Atlantic forum on I-club stating the dangers of doing buisiness with a certain non-paying character and each time I tried it The NASIOC put up some obscure NASIOC link causing the people over there to question my competency!
This seems silly , doesn't it?
I just wanted to spread the word on something I felt to be important and petty kindergarten politics got in the way.
I love it here , Alex , thanks for a grown up forum!I hope we never get that petty over here...I know we won't!
Old 03-14-2004, 01:59 PM

Car Info: 93 Subaru Impreza LS AWD
i usually post at nasioc. But that is pretty stupid, we all have a love for subarus, i don't see why there has to be hate between the two clubs.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:10 PM

From NASIOC you need to use a capital "I" for i-club links... like "http://I-club.com/". You'd think NASIOC would just update their database (from before the split, NASIOC used to be i-club.com) and stop with automatically changing _new_ posts.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Actually, NASIOC isn't doing this to be mean. What happened is that there are still quite a few random links all over nasioc that still point to i-club addresses (but really should point to the nasioc database). This is all just an artifact from the split. So, nasioc put up a random script to change any URL from www.i-club.com to www.nasioc.com. You can still post i-club links, but you need to change "www.i-club.com" to "i-club.com" or "www.I-club.com"
Old 03-14-2004, 03:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally posted by nKoan
Actually, NASIOC isn't doing this to be mean. What happened is that there are still quite a few random links all over nasioc that still point to i-club addresses (but really should point to the nasioc database). This is all just an artifact from the split. So, nasioc put up a random script to change any URL from www.i-club.com to www.nasioc.com. You can still post i-club links, but you need to change "www.i-club.com" to "i-club.com" or "www.I-club.com"
This man speaks the truth.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:52 PM

Car Info: Platinum 02 WRX, Progress springs,JIC Bullet exhaust , STI shifter, Accessecu, Rota Sub Zero
Ahaa!
A technical solution ! Thank you , I felt pretty stupid there when a few people responded wondering what the hell I was talking about.
How thew hell do you guys figure all this stuff out?I just get frustrated and give up!
Old 03-14-2004, 04:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
There was actually a stickie in BAIC on nasioc a few months back, thats when I first learned about it. I don't know if its still stickied or not, though.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=409744
Old 03-14-2004, 04:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 WRX WRB
Yes, just use a capital "I" or make the link "http://i-club" instead of www. and it will work.
Old 03-14-2004, 06:11 PM

Hell , I just noticed I wrote "Psoting" instead of "Posting" in my title , I think I'll take it easy for a while
Old 03-14-2004, 06:44 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Fixed 'posting' for you, JV.

I found out about the NASIOC parsing change through trial and error, before they posted their reasons for doing so. It sounds reasonable and they could easily filter out any variation of i-Club.com if they felt like it.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 03-14-2004, 07:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Subaru WRX w/ JDM Spec C
i dun nasioc myself =\ but i know any of us are nasioc members
Old 03-14-2004, 10:43 PM

Car Info: 01 L Coupe
This "split" thats been mentioned, this occured before I had a Scooby. What happened to cause it?
Old 03-14-2004, 11:32 PM

Car Info: 98'RS
pms?
Old 03-15-2004, 07:57 PM

Thanks for fixing my pselling errors!

I never got the whole jist of the split , I went on vacation , came back and I found the I-club.
Though I am also a registered member of Nabisco , I do all my lurking here and have always felt more comfortable doing so.I have never had problems over there , Subiegal never gave me a time out or anything but I just always stay here where atmosphere seems a bit more laid back.

Quick Reply: No posting I-club links on NASIOC