Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Need Help?! Check Engine light came on?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 09:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 WRX WRB
Originally Posted by plablosti
Last weekend I put a turboback exhaust on my 05 sti and twice it has cut out under acceleration and a CEL and blinking cruise control light came on. No mods to ECU and am using a restricter on the oxy sensor. Once I shut engine off and played with cruise control the light went out. Going by shop that sold me the exhaust and try to get help. Love the new sound and power but the motor cut out under acceleration is slightly violent and unnerving. Put gas in this morning and light stayed on so don't think it is the gas cap. New to forums but appreciate any help.
You have to get the car scanned and post the exact Pxxxx code to get any meaningful help here. There are hundreds of possible codes so just the light being on doesn't tell us anything other than a problem has been detected.
The blinking cruise is normal on the drive-by-wire cars when the CEL is on, the cruise is disabled as a precaution in case the DBW throttle system isn't working properly.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:21 PM

Car Info: sti 2005
Thank you, shop said it was a tuning issue and I'm getting Cobb AP. Will running the car with 3" TBE for week and a half cause problems with existing map and installing stage 2 map? Thanks again. Love the vroom.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:28 AM

Car Info: WR BLUE 2002 WRX
I have the same problems u guys have,check engine light is coming on,went to a subaru dealership for a dianogtic,they said it is the air/fuel mixture.This is the truth about it,i am using fuel additive and engine oil additive on my car.I have a 69,000 miles on it already.The first time the CEL came up was about a year ago,sometimes it goes away,and comes back again.The only indication was that the car is sluggish when you step on the gas.Power does not come rigth away.I was wondering if anyone know were i can find the air/fuel sensor on this car,by the way i drive a 02 wrx.And how much would i cost me to buy one. appreciate this help a lot.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:53 AM
VIP Member

First you need to get the exact Pxxxx code, just saying it's for "air-fuel mixture" isn't enough information as there are a bunch of different codes that fall in that category and they all have different meanings and solutions.
So if you get the code and post it here we can give you more accurate assistance.
One thing I can tell you, there is no reason to be using any of those additives. You're just wasting your money and Subaru does not recommend adding anything to the fuel or oil.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:03 PM

Car Info: WR BLUE 2002 WRX
thanks,i gonna do that mulder,as for the additives well it help a lot,coz i was losing power b-4 that,now that power came back this was the result.Appreciate a lot bro.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:01 AM
VIP Member

You should not be losing power in the first place, and shouldn't need additives to get it back. Something isn't right and if you follow the proper troubleshooting and repair process it should be possible to correct the underlying issue.