Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

MY parents making me get an auto WRX

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 11:48 PM

Car Info: Double YOU ARE EX
automatics are just fine. i have an automatic, and i can probably beat all stock stick wrx's. i dont care if i spent more or whatever to buy it, its a nice car, its a wrx, strong tranny, and with the right mods, can beat even a modded stick wrx. its all in the modding. if u want to keep it stock, its still faster then most car. i ran my friend before i got boost monkey, he would take me off the line by about 1.5-2 cars and just keep going(of course he also had mbc and for that reason kept on increasing his distance). now i have 3" exhaust, uppipe, and boost monkey @15, and i raced him again. he is running at least in the mid 13's now, and i raced him with my new setup and beat him. of course, he was late of the line, but according to him, it wasnt even a quarter of a second, anyhow, i beat him by 2 or 2 and a half cars. he said that if he got off the line a bit sooner, wed be pretty much tied, and i might even have him by a bit. he told me my biggest advantage was boost monkey between shifts i wouldnt loose (too much) boost and id keep pulling away during his shifts, even when he was trying his hardest to shift. the kid is a great driver too. He was quite amazed at how responsive my wrx is now with minimal mods from when i was stock. anyhow, im not saying anything really until i get slips at the track this spring. than i can brag! anyhow, in conclusion... the auto wrx is a good car. resale price will be higher of course, but not anytime soon. if u feel like selling in a couple of years, than the auto will be better because stronger tranny, less problems that manual. anyhow, i have no idea what im writing about, so im just gonna end this post.

peter

Last edited by ellinopedo182; 01-15-2003 at 11:52 PM.
Old 01-18-2003, 01:27 PM

Car Info: 2000 RS Coupe/1990 Mazda Protege, zoom zoom..
one report to many.