Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

MY parents making me get an auto WRX

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 06:15 PM

Car Info: ayo for yayo
Originally posted by Br1t1shguy
"Blah blah blah, automatics are cool too, dont diss on automatics, I wish I had a manual". Dude, you completely missed the whole point, he wants a stick, his parents want him to get an auto because of resale. Sticks are more fun to drive, yes autos are fun, sticks are more so, so he wants one. Why are you arguing about how good autos are when it has nothing to do with the topic of this post? Hmm, twinge of regret their buddy?

how about you go suck my dong, because im not your buddy.

all im trying to tell the kid is that the automatic wrx aint a bad car by any means. i was sore at first when i got the auto, especially since i got to test drive both (the stick for the hell of it), but after owning the car and driving it for a while, i realized how great a performer it is.

and i think you are missing the topic of this post. re-read the posts he made, where does he ask anything about how to get out of getting an auto? he is obviously very grateful to get a wrx, paid for by his parents, at this age.

he can go ahead and try to pursuade them, like i said - good luck, but if he can't, dont act like you just got an 89 accord, its still a sports car.

o and btw imingci: edmunds.com tested an auto wrx at 15.1 seconds in the 1/4.
Old 01-13-2003, 06:26 PM

Car Info: 02' WRX
Yeah, ok, i gotcha. My cars been in the body shop for the past week and abit, some I'm experiencing some bad withdrawel symptoms ;-p
Old 01-13-2003, 07:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: want a WRX
where r u IMINGCI??????the kid hasnt answered ne1s reply bak has he?
Old 01-13-2003, 09:20 PM

Car Info: ayo for yayo
Originally posted by Ictoagh
Well,

I'll chime in and say, I don't think his parents are wise to be getting a teenager a fast car. But, at least they're smart enough to get an auto, so he can pay attention to the road, and not worry about shifting. It would have been a cold day before my mom and dad would have bought me anything like a WRX.

thats one thing i have to totally agree with you on. thank god i was brought up with the maturity to not be stupid with my car, no street racing or reckless driving. but i see too many kids at my school everyday, even with total beaters, who act like complete morons.
Old 01-14-2003, 04:39 PM

Car Info: 02' WRX
Every single kid I know that drives a stick is a better driver than the kids that drive half asleep munching on a burger and sippin on a coke. Theres a reason alot more ditzy blondes drive auto (dont take that the wrong way auto dudes!), and it's because it takes less effort to drive.
Old 01-14-2003, 04:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: want a WRX
where is he

Last edited by awns729; 01-14-2003 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:32 AM

Car Info: 00 323i; 01 Boxster
auto vs. manual

I've been torturing myself about the auto vs. manual thing myself. I am paying for the car, so that is not an issue. But:

My S. O. refuses to learn to drive a manual, so she wouldn't be able to drive it if something happens to her car. My other car is also a manual, so she wouldn't be able to drive that either.

Also, I am using it for a a nasty 45 mile commute, primarily in Winter or bad weather. I do it now with a manual with no problems but...

Most importantly, the manual appears to be having problems while it doesn't appear that the auto has the same problems. OTOH, the auto in the SVX was reputed to last about 70,000 miles before complete replacement, so the WRX could be the same once folks get some miles on them.

Quick Reply: MY parents making me get an auto WRX