Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

MY parents making me get an auto WRX

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2002, 11:54 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5RS
Who cares what they want? Is it your car or theirs? Why do they want you to get an auto?

JC
Old 12-27-2002, 12:43 AM

What are their reasons? Is it because they can't drive (or don't like to drive) stick and you'll be sharing the car with them, or are they afraid a manual tranmission will automatically induct you into the Friday night street races?

There are a lot of reasons to get a manual - not only do you have $1000, but being able to drive stick means that if you're someday stuck with a manual car in the mountains (or something), you'll be able to get home.

The automatic certainly isn't bad, but don't expect the low end of the 0-60 or 1/4 numbers you see magazines and folks on this board touting. I've heard that getting a good torque/brake launch is a lot harder on the car than a regular slip with a manual too, but I have no first-hand experience with that.

Good luck!
Old 12-27-2002, 05:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: want a WRX
If you are planning on preparing an argument i would use all the info u just got from every1. If you really want the m/t i would just tell em ur not gonna take the car unless u get to get the options u want....it would prob work on my parents...GL!!!
Old 12-27-2002, 02:04 PM

Car Info: 2003 SRP WRX Wagon
Thumbs up i agree!

Originally posted by Cabal
I'm afraid you lost all sympathy from me with that line. I wish I had the hardship of having my parents FORCE a $23 grand car on me and FORCING me to use a transmission that wasn't my top pick. Damn, life must really suck to be you.
im with Cabal on this one!!
Old 12-27-2002, 07:22 PM

Theres nothing wrong with the 4EAT, and the manual isn't that much faster!

Quick Reply: MY parents making me get an auto WRX