Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

my AC stinks!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 04:14 AM

Car Info: Subaru
my AC stinks!

i own a 2000 l and everytime i turn on my AC it smells bad.
i also i tried to look for the AC filter but i dont think the L model came with the AC filter.
any idea?
Old 06-23-2003, 04:18 AM

Car Info: 2004 Black Wrx
Ive seen this stuff that you can spray into the air ducts and its supposed to clean them out and filter out all the crap. Whether or not it works ive got no idea. Do you have your vents set to recirculate the air when your running the a/c? On one of my old cars when ever I set the air to recirculate instead of just running fresh new air, it would smell of hampsters (best description I can muster up at 7 am).
Old 06-23-2003, 10:42 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
At the very least, a few moments before shutting your car down, turn the selector to fresh air, turn off the A/C and crank the fan up to high. This will help dry out the system, preventing mold. Of course, I live in a climate which is not as humid as most, so I don't know if this will work as well in say, Houston, as it does here in San Jose.

I have heard there is some stuff that you can introduce into the vents which is supposed to kill off milew mold, but I don't know what it's called and have never used it. A sort of Lysol for your car's HVAC...
Old 06-23-2003, 02:13 PM

Car Info: Subaru
thanks for the help guys.
ill try the refresh air method!