Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Mark Modaressi, founder of evolutionm.net, killed

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 09:44 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Unhappy Mark Modaressi, founder of evolutionm.net, killed

I'm sure many of you have heard this story on the news, of the drunk driver who stole his mother's buick and ran rampant through the Vegas strip killing two people, but did not know that it affects our AWD community. Mark Modaressi (age 26), the founder of evolutionm.net was one of the two killed on Thursday night after he suffered massive head trauma.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=160307

As much bs'ing and smack talking that goes on between the EVO and Suby communites, we are all related as our cars are very similar and we share a similar passion. Modding, AWD, rally, all run in both the evo and suby communities. I never met Mark, and the limited communication I have had with him was over PM on evolutionm.net, and he seemed like a real stand out fellow.

It is a sad day for the whole AWD community Nevada is going to seek the death penalty in this case, as they should, so hopefully this bastard will pay for what he has done.

RIP
-Jeff
Old 09-25-2005, 10:18 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB WRX
Thats horrible. I've known to many people that have been effected by drunk drivers and im just tired of hearing horrible stories like this. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

RIP
-Alan
Old 09-25-2005, 10:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT

Rest in Peace.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
That's a terrible story. Hate to hear of things like this.

His family and friends are in my thoughts as well.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:39 AM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
OMG!

This is horrible... Really really horrible...

RIP, Mark.

I did not know Mark that well, but I did talk to him on a number of occasions sharing tips and know-hows of our little "business" of running enthusiasts' websites...
Old 09-26-2005, 03:22 PM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
RIP Mark! prayers go out to his family....
Old 09-26-2005, 04:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Meep Meep!
Question

Originally Posted by Imprezastifan88
I'm sure many of you have heard this story on the news, of the drunk driver who stole his mother's buick and ran rampant through the Vegas strip killing two people, but did not know that it affects our AWD community. Mark Modaressi (age 26), the founder of evolutionm.net was one of the two killed on Thursday night after he suffered massive head trauma.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=160307

As much bs'ing and smack talking that goes on between the EVO and Suby communites, we are all related as our cars are very similar and we share a similar passion. Modding, AWD, rally, all run in both the evo and suby communities. I never met Mark, and the limited communication I have had with him was over PM on evolutionm.net, and he seemed like a real stand out fellow.

It is a sad day for the whole AWD community Nevada is going to seek the death penalty in this case, as they should, so hopefully this bastard will pay for what he has done.

RIP
-Jeff

Just read about this... Sad and speechless. I really hate to read about loss of life due to irresponsible drivers. Especially tards that think they can drive while drunk. Anyone up for posting our condolences on their forums?

Just a thought......
Old 09-27-2005, 07:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Hate to hear stuff like this, RIP, thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:58 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Damn, I'm really sorry to hear that. I give my regards to his friends and famly.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:17 AM

Car Info: 2015 STI
That's very sad! At such a young age too!

I for one, do not agree with people with same passion and enthusiasm for cars talk smack to one another. I just don't see anything to prove one car is better than the other.