Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Long term reliability

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 11:53 AM

Well, the Evo and the WRX/STi have been around outside of the US for quite a few years, so reliability numbers shouldn't be too hard to find/derive.

My guess is they'd be significantly lower just because of the percentage of people who get these cars and drive them much harder than the ones who do civics and corollas. That said, it doesn't seem like there have been too many problems on the WRX side, at least when you're talking stock. Squeaky windshield here and there, clutch shudder, nothing that spells doom.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:30 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally posted by Spec Miata
How about rattles and creaks? Over time, how are the chasis loosening up? Do you feel any frame flex (particularly those of you with >50k miles)?

My car rattle and creaks

98k on my RS. And you know what it it? My DASH!

My chassis is perfectly fine. Other small things like my glove box, and other various plastic parts in the dash and behind it make noise. My suspension clunks, but it's stock still, the strut tops are completely worn out with how i drive. Windows are going to make a little noise after this long. They don't have frames to hold them. I don't care though, they aren't going to fall out. They just make a little noise when moving.

I bet the STi will out last the Evo in a major repair race.

I LOVE MY CAR... That's about all i really need to say.

-Gagan