Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Insurance Rates on 2001-2004 WRXs

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 04:49 PM

Car Info: 2006 Sti
hey guys,

I am 18 live in san deigo and I pay 740 a month through USAA. On my old 4runner it was $200 cheaper, but its worth it
Old 08-19-2003, 05:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally posted by ZAGWRX
hey guys,

I am 18 live in san deigo and I pay 740 a month through USAA. On my old 4runner it was $200 cheaper, but its worth it
Wait.

You pay $740 a MONTH, or SIX MONTHS?
Old 08-19-2003, 05:27 PM

Car Info: '03 PSM Sedan
I pay 740 a month through USAA
damn, i hope your insurance agent has triplets going to Harvard -- 'cause you're paying for it my friend!
Old 08-19-2003, 07:01 PM

Car Info: 2004 Impreza Outback Sport
Would the WRX wagon have lower insurance rates than the sedan? Just curious.
Oddly enough, I originally wanted a base RSX but the insurance was really expensive. I ended up with an 04 Outback Sport, which isn't too bad on the insurance. Just for kicks, I did a quote with USAA(where I have my current Outback Sport insured) and it was actually cheaper than what they quoted me for a base RSX. Odd indeed.
I should say that I have zero tickets, one accident over three years ago(and USAA only asks about your record in the past three years so I'm not getting hit on that one), and one comprhensive claim from just over three years ago(damn SUV dented my door while i was parked in my lot at college) and I'm 22 M in CT. I get a Safe Driver discount on my bill which lowers it a bit. It's like 180 a month, which is pricey but not terrible especially for the coverage I have.

Last edited by Cardiff Giant; 08-19-2003 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:05 AM
VIP Member

Just so you know:

If you try to make a claim, and they find that they've been insuring you thinking you drove an RS, not a WRX, they CAN deny your claim and refund the money you've paid towards your policy. It's your responsibility to make sure the information is correct.

And for your tickets:

Generally they fall off your record after 3 years. They also don't generally travel from state to state. I got stopped in TX and it never showed on my CA record.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:55 AM
VIP Member

Originally posted by ryalex
Sonicsuby - they might not get sent between states, but in MA they need a background check of everywhere you've had a license to search for old tickets. And in MA, tickets last SIX FREAKIN YEARS! One ticket can cost you $1400+ in increased fees over the length of the ticket (6 years!)
Damn!

Well, I guess you pay no matter where ya go. In CA our rates are high because of all the ******* drivers here, but our tickets only last 3 years. Either way we pay and so do you guys
Old 08-20-2003, 02:08 PM

Car Info: 2004 Impreza Outback Sport
Frankly, I'm willing to pay a little bit more for the service that USAA provides. I also have awesome coverage(100/300 BI for example) and my deductibles are 50 for comprehensive with glass and 500 for collision.
I'd much rather have a bit too much insurance than too little. The thing with USAA is that should you have an accident that requires a court, they'll actually get you a decent lawyer. I've read way too many stories about the crappy service from the Geicos, Amicas, and Progressives of the world.

Quick Reply: Insurance Rates on 2001-2004 WRXs