Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

i'll never visit subaru dealership again

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 10:31 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Which specific dealership was it? We try to keep track of the good and bad dealerships...
Old 03-26-2003, 06:09 AM

dont let a bad salesman steer you away from subaru, yeah he represents the company but he clearly represented himself as an ***. find another dealership that will appreciate your business.
Pat
Old 04-04-2003, 08:11 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
Here's my hypothesis:

Car salesman don't want to waste their time with someone who isn't going to buy a car. This guy looked at you (and the horse you rode in on ) and determined that you could not afford a new WRX. He was trying to dissuade you from wasting any more of his time by making it seem you can't afford it (which may or may not be true). If you're young, he may have even thought you came to the dealership just to thrash the car on a test drive.

Here's my advice:
Don't judge a huge company by the experience of one of it's representatives. If you are serious about buying a new WRX, purchase it somewhere else, and write a letter to the manager of Cross Creek referencing your new VIN and detailing the story of how Perez dissuaded you from purchasing at his shop. Perez will be in hot water for losing a sale. If you are not serious, get used to being treated like that at car dealerships because many good salesman can tell whether or not a person is serious.