Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

I would never buy a used WRX

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 12:39 PM

Car Info: 2004 Black Wrx
I think as long as they are low milage it's relativly safe to buy. You've still got a warrenty and all. I would avoid any used wrx that is modded though. Thats a telltale sign of abuse.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:05 PM

Car Info: 2004 Black Wrx
Thats true, but not everyone can afford to buy new. A used wrx is better than no wrx.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:09 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX WRB
Who cares? You think no other used cars have been abused? Just the WRX? Don't buy one.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:44 PM

Originally posted by Joe Schmoe
Who cares? If you own one than I guess you should care if ppl don't want to buy your car.....you'll get less money for it. And I do think the WRX has a higher probablility of abuse than most cars.
I don't understand the purpose of your posts. I will never buy a used 350Z. Does that make sense? Does anyone care? If you think a car has been abused and you don't want to buy it, then don't. No one is holding a gun to your head. Subarus have a pretty good record for reliability. Whenever someone buys a used PERFORMANCE car there is always a good chance that it has been abused at some point. I would recommend that anyone who's contemplating buying a used performance car (or any car for that matter) have the car checked out by a mechanic. I bought my WRX used and haven't had a single problem with it in the 21 months that I've owned it.
Old 07-10-2003, 09:33 AM

Originally posted by Joe Schmoe
Hey Bone- I don't understand why you're being such a jerk. If you're going to be an *** and respond with "who cares...I don't give a crap what you do", then why even bother responding? The whole point of my post was that with the problems with the glass tranny ppl are not likely to want to buy this car used. I jsut wanted to hear what everybody had to say about this issue in a "mature" way. I'm sorry if you're offended because you have a used one. Frankly, I couldn't give a rat's *** what your opinion is of my opinion. And I love how you compare the WRX to the 350z........both great cars but I wonder which has a higher percentage of punk kids who thrash the engine buying them?
If you base your opinions on used WRXs on what you read on this board, you are making a mistake. The majority of the WRXs I see on the roads every day are completely stock and I seriously doubt they are abused any more than any other car on the road. You come onto a board of Subaru enthusiasts and bash their cars and the way that they drive and say you'd "never" buy one from them. You don't expect anyone to take issue with that? I don't care what you buy. How am I being a jerk or immature by saying that? I doubt that anyone here cares what car you buy. You should be prepared to read the opinions of people who agree with you as well as those who disagree. Are you contemplating buying a used car? Or were you just trying to get a reaction from someone?
Old 07-10-2003, 10:20 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 WRB Wagon (Cobb AccessPort, P7's), 2-73 914 2.0, 74 914-2.0
Three words. Senior Citizen Owner. There are a lot of WRX owners in my area who are probably in their mid to late 60's.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:03 AM

Car Info: 98 RS
I hope this Joe guy does not buy a Subaru cause he is pretty pretty dumb. When you buy a used car there is always some risks like that. Tranny problems, clutch? Is this used car pushing 300+ to the wheels, otherwise i would not worry about it.

Quick Reply: I would never buy a used WRX