Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

I wanna cry right now.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 12:42 PM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
dude i'm sorry..hopefully insurance will cover most of the repair, but you will be subyless for awhile...maybe the subaru shop will give you a sti as a loaner car or the legacy b4 lol...i doubt it but you never know...good luck and glad that your bro is ok

- Daniel
Old 02-24-2004, 10:08 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB WRX / 06 f150 King Ranch
Ya, your car may have valve damage. The cam gears are just under the plastic shield and those may have been squished by the frontal collision. That would require a complete head rebuild or even a new set of heads if the valves got damaged from the bent pulley and/or skipped teeth on the belt to pulley. Good thing you have insurance. Good luck with the repairs.

Paul...
Old 02-25-2004, 04:27 AM

Car Info: 2003 wrx
man sorry to hear about the car.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:59 AM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Legacy L 5-speed
Originally posted by skeptic
It sounds pretty bad. If you can, talk to the insurance rep and convince them to total it. If the unibody is tweaked at all, it will NEVER drive the same again no matter how well it's repaired.
glad to hear your brothers ok

BTW, skeptic is right
Old 02-25-2004, 12:02 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX
On a more positive note...because your bro got rear ended and then that caused him to rear end someone, according to CA law...i'm pretty sure it's the same for NJ, then the person who impacted you first from the rear is responsible for paying for the insurance. They'll ask the person that your WRX rearended if he felt one impact or two; one meaning that you got hit and then you hit...two meaning you hit and then the person behind you hit.
From what it sounds like tho, you should be fine! Glad to hear everbody was fine.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:04 PM

Car Info: 2004 Black/Gold STi
man that totally sucks, sorry to hear it.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:59 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Dude, that freaken sux man. Sorry to hear but good thing ur bro is ok. So wussups wit da person who started the damn thing? Drunk? speeding?
Old 02-25-2004, 10:46 PM

Car Info: Viper ACR & H1
Time for an STi. That is what cheerd me up after my subie was totalled. If the heads were damaged and your bro drove the car, it might need a new motor. Can we see some pics?

Nick
Old 02-28-2004, 04:01 PM

Car Info: 2004 Impreza WRX
Don't want to agree, but my first experience has not been that well either.

About a month after having my '04 wrx, on my way home from work I get rear ended because of some idot who was fooling around with his radio.

Not to worry though the car is fully repaired but I'll always know it was hit.

Just recently I noticed an oil leak. I take it into the dealership to find out its something to do with the oil switch and when the engine was built in the factory a hole was drilled to far or something. So a new engine is being ordered and with only 6,000 miles they are swapping the engine.

Hopefully the rest of my future will be a pleasant one!

just got the car back, apparently they replaced the short block assembly.

however, i now notice radiator fluid leaking/dripping in two spots

not happy at all!
Old 02-29-2004, 01:41 PM

Car Info: civic
Originally posted by swy81
My car's in bad shape. Yesterday my brother was out on rt. 46 in new jersey near Montclair in my car picking up some food. Apparently, someone rear ended him which thus caused my car to slam forward and rear end someone else. At least my bro is okay. I haven't had the chance to see how bad the car is because according to my bro, the car was making horrible rattle sounds and smoke was coming from the engine when he was trying to drive it after the accident. A towtruck had to come and bring it the subaru shop. I called the shop today and according to the maintenance manager, it doesn't sound good. The back bumper and trunk's dented in. The front headlights, grill, bumper, and hood is all crumpled in. And the dealer said there might be engine damage also. He couldn't even get the hood open to see how bad it is inside. I'm so sad right now I wanna sit here and cry. Someone cheer me up.

most people take these opportunity to get aftermarket parts which they have been wanting, now it gives them a reason, not to mention, in your case, you are not at fault, meaning the other parties insurance pays for your damages, front and rear because u were at a complete stop; and the guy behind u slammed into you, causing u to also damage your front end. Not to mention aftermarket parts are almost 80% of the time cheaper than what u would be paying for oem parts.