Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

how do you protect your WRX?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 05:44 PM

Car Info: dream car Subaru STi
satelittes today support out online systems, cell phones, car navigational systems you name it, why wouldnt it be used for the lo jack?>

how else are cops gona locate a stolen car?? cops have navigational systems too.
Old 07-31-2003, 06:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: want a WRX
at night i sit in a lawn chair near my car and sleep with my eyes openwith a big ninja sword in my hand(one of those curved ones)...havent been robbed yet!
Old 08-01-2003, 03:59 PM

Car Info: 2011 STi
NO matter how high tech we could get, if they want the car, they will do everything to get it. On my opinion, the more security devices, more time they need to accomplish their jobs. Right now, i just have basic alarm and the club. It works fine but i added some of my own modification. A kill switch. You could tap it anywhere on your ignition, fuel pump etc.. etc.. its up to you where to put those switches and make sure they are hidden. I added some relays for a better connection and less worry failing such wirings. = ) Just make sure you know what your doing before cutting or tapping on any of those wires and fuses.
Old 08-01-2003, 06:42 PM

Car Info: dream car Subaru STi
thanks al ot mike for the lo jack info, i didnt really kno much about it. im sure getting lo jack is worth it though, do you think its worth it? cops love catching car thieves right.. so if i get lo jack itll support the cops.
Old 08-01-2003, 08:54 PM

Car Info: www.tristatetuners.com
Who protects my WRX? The freaking skunk that likes to hang around the front of my property at night. It stinks up the whole damn street. No one will even come close to my car with that weapon on patrol.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:46 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 WRB Wagon (Cobb AccessPort, P7's), 2-73 914 2.0, 74 914-2.0
Never take it out of my garage!
Old 08-08-2003, 02:19 PM

Hidden kill switch is the way to go IMO. Wire a cut-off switch to your fuel pump. Place it somewhere where its easy to get to but hidden so that only you know where it is. Heck you could wire it onto an unused dash board switch. Anyone breaking into your car isnt going to take the time to try a bunch of switches. And if they know you and therefore know where the switch is, well then you have evil friends who steal from you.

BTW, this switch doesnt stop the car starting and moving a little, it just makes it so that you can get your stolen car 50ft down the road where it just stalled.
Old 08-08-2003, 02:52 PM

Car Info: Still Looking
if someone wants your car bad enough. they will find a way to take it. i have heard of stories of people taking cars away on flatbed trucks or just towing them out of parking lots. but the more security devices you have the better. it takes longer to break the club and disconect the alarm (whatever you have i.e. starter disable, back up battery, and whatever else)then just to take the club off. My friend just got his truck stollen about a year ago. so now that he has his new one he has every single security device you can think of. motion sensor, full viper alarm and extras.

Quick Reply: how do you protect your WRX?