Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

how do you protect your WRX?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 03:15 AM

Car Info: dream car Subaru STi
how do you protect your WRX?

guys i was just wondering how you keep your WRX's safe from carjackers. i use autolock but sometimes its just doesnt feel enough, what do you guys use to feel secure about leaving ur baby in a parking lot for a couple hours.?
Old 07-30-2003, 09:46 AM

Car Info: 03' WRB
glock 26 with corbons

<))><
Old 07-30-2003, 10:31 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
In a parking lot no car is ever safe from the other people that don't know how to park or open their doors.

I'm more afraid of that than carjackers.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:08 PM

Car Info: 02' Black Wgn
lo-jak

If they want it, they will take it. Nothing you can do. But lo-jak can help you get to where it is after they take it. Also really good insurence helps to ease the mind.
Old 07-30-2003, 07:29 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX
Question Re: lo-jak

Originally posted by wvjnky
If they want it, they will take it. Nothing you can do. But lo-jak can help you get to where it is after they take it. Also really good insurence helps to ease the mind.
lo-jak? I'm not really sure I've heard of that before...can u explain wvjnky please??!?! And how much are they? Thanks!
Old 07-30-2003, 08:10 PM

Car Info: TXS tbe, perrin goodies, v7 sti struts...bla bla bla lots of stuff!
Arrow

What about that unit that I saw on tv where it hooks under your brake pedal? It was red. I remember them saying that if you can't depress the brake pedal then you can't put the car in gear... that would be fine and dandy for the guys that are driving the autos out there but for manual...? I remeber though they couldn't get any tools by the foot well because there wasn't enough space.. They even had a chrome one so it could match your cool looking riced out civic that they had on there..

I thought that was pretty good. They showed it kicking the club's ***.. The even shot at it with a shotgun slug and it didn't mess up...

Anyone have something like that?

-Nigel
Old 07-30-2003, 08:26 PM

Car Info: www.tristatetuners.com
If you have a 5 speed, then just put in on your clutch instead of your brake pedal. Cant drive a manual without using the clutch.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:01 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX
NewShocker, it's called the brake club and it runs about $30 something...my bro got it for his Honda Accord and apparently it's worked fine. Dunno if anybody's tried to steal it yet but personally, I don't like it. I just think it is too bulky and heavy...it's kinda annoyin to have it around when u get in the car too. He got it off the net if you want one but I'm not sure what the website is.
Old 07-31-2003, 12:58 AM

i never have but id doubt a carjacker would keep trying if they saw a autolock on it.
Old 07-31-2003, 05:13 AM

Try Disclock

It won't prevent a car-jacking but for simple theft I recommend a Disclock. I bought one and it seems very very sturdy.

Made in England, kinda difficult to get over here, but there is one importer. They cost a little over a hundred bucks.

http://www.disklok.com/
Old 07-31-2003, 01:43 PM

steering wheel locks are not as reliable as the autolock which locks to the brake for automatic tranny or to the clutch for manual tranny. steering wheel locks can be easily cut

the lo jack is does use a satelitte to track, it has 83% recovery rate or money back which is a good deal to me.
Old 07-31-2003, 02:17 PM

I almost got the lo jack too, I like it, but it was a little expensive. So I got a regular ol alarm (ugh) just for the insurance deduction, plus I got the windows etched (a little more money off) - done for free at my local police department.

So far as cutting steering wheel locks. Sure, most can be easily cut. But check out that Disclock - it is metal "clam" that encases the entire wheel, plus it has a bar that sticks out tangentially (like a "club") so it keeps the wheel from turning.

Anyhow, a Disclock, in my opinon, would be EXCEEDINGLY hard to cut-off. Very very difficult in my mind.

No I don't work for them by the way. I'm just really impressed with the product. It's solid.

David

Quick Reply: how do you protect your WRX?