Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

how do u guys feel bringing your car to service?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 03:20 PM

Car Info: Subaru
how do u guys feel bringing your car to service?

i mean any type of service. as soon as u give your keys to a servicing company how do u feel? i mean i feel very uneased espicially with all the mods in the car and these what looks to be young adults working on my car is playing with the car. who knows they could be doing something stupid
Old 05-18-2003, 06:53 PM

Car Info: civic
yea, i feel weird sometimes...for example, my dad has a 00 model of the s430 and when i go back to get it from the dealer, i see other people there working on cars, and driving it around, they literally floor the pedal....and they brake so hard ....makes me think if they did the same to our car...
Old 05-19-2003, 01:07 AM

Car Info: 05 WRB STi
Angry

Know your car exactly the way it was when you left it!...

Last oil change some one made off with my chrome Impreza License plate frame my gf got me for xmas! Yeah that maybe small and nothing but I was PO'd at the fact of the matter. I was just staring at it as I left it the guy who took my mileage down. When I came back (didnt realize it was gone til I got to school) I spoke to one of the head guys and waiting behind was a lady who was complaing about her camera being stolen out of the trunk of her car.

This wasnt the first time I had seen problems either. My first oil change I ran into Byron from Bspec at the dealership. He had just finished rebuilding someones engine (took several months) and was good to go. Right before the guy left he noticed that $5K or $10K worth of stereo equipment was taken from the car (I think it was amps). No signs of forced entry on the car and everything pointed to an inside job.

ooh last gripe, not completely sure, but a car appearing to be marked as a customer car was being used to drop off another customer at her home. Hope it wasnt your car!

Keep im mind I have been to the dealer only 4 times including the time I bought it.
Old 05-19-2003, 01:20 AM

Car Info: Subaru
these are the problems exactley what i ment. but some jobs is just hard or impossible to do at your home garage. sometimes i just wish i can stand by them and just watch them so they dont stupid stuff
Old 05-19-2003, 10:50 AM

Re: Service precautions.

Originally posted by Collins
I'd like to add that Irvine Subaru has never necessitated a talk with the owner. Yeah, maybe I come off like a "dick", but for what a dealership charges for inconsistant service, that's too bad. Sincerely, Collins
Wait I am confused at this statement, are you saying you have never needed a talk with the owner, or do you mean the opposite. The reason why I ask is because if you read my huge gripe below your post its about the same dealership.
Old 05-19-2003, 02:14 PM

ok, I purchased my car from her son Jeremy last December. Yeah, she was pretty nice and was great about handling problems. It seems the problem is more on the Service side than anything.
Attached Images  
Old 07-03-2003, 11:07 PM

Yeah this should have been in dealer reviews. As far as this dealership I was happy with purchasing as I havent had such straight forward good salesmanship from a car dealer before. Its just the service from this dealer is what I am concerned with. I wouldnt want to detour sales from them because usually people get good deals.
Old 07-03-2003, 11:32 PM

yep, Irvine Subaru... Why do you think different?

Quick Reply: how do u guys feel bringing your car to service?