Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Got my Sti!!! HOLY MOLY batman!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 11:06 AM

Car Info: 2008 Lexus GS350, 49' Chevy Pick Up(Rat)
Hey Punkrocksailor,

I guess you can say that the HKS carbon exhaust might be a little rice, BUT you have to admit it looks alot better than just the Hi-power one. also with the Hi-power the whole pipe looks like $h!T only the muffler and tip are chrome as for the Titanium is chromed out from the cat all the way to the Titanium tip. and if i'm not mistaken the hotter the air the faster it flows out right. so with the chrome piping from the cat the air does get a bit hotter. producing more horse sence it releases air much quicker.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:23 AM

Car Info: 2004 Black/Gold STi
Man white and gold is hot. I was debating getting that or black and gold. In the end I chose black. Congrats on the new car and have fun.
-Nick
Old 04-01-2004, 11:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 Honda S2000
Congrats on your new STI man, just be carefull and don't kill yourself, and take care of your baby and don't abuse her. :banana:
Old 04-02-2004, 01:07 AM

Car Info: Viper ACR & H1
Ran with at Boxter S on the highway around the 110 area and was all over his ***. Good job gettin rid of the baby Porsche and getting the bad boy Subie. I still love all 996's.

Nick
Old 04-02-2004, 01:47 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Originally posted by SuboobaruWRSEX
I still love all 996's.

Nick

996's rock! so do 914's.... i'm kidding
Old 04-02-2004, 08:02 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wgn
Originally posted by gdogg
996's rock! so do 914's.... i'm kidding
I would take a 914-6 gt. Light weight with a boxster six. Nice.
Old 04-02-2004, 08:51 AM

Car Info: 2004 STi Yellow/Black
Re: Got my Sti!!! HOLY MOLY batman!!

Originally posted by PhatAmir87
Dude this car iS FRIKIN FAST!!!!!!!! I traded in my 2003 Boxster for it and its like 5 times faster. Love the steering and the shifter(gotta get used to the short throws!!) Im amazed this car is mean and comfortable at the same time. I have a few questions:

1) My dealer says theres a Fuse you can remove to make into rear wheel drive(used only for state inspections)...is this true?

2) Do you recommend a HKS cat-back or something else, dont wanna get a turbo back cuz i dont want to deal with the boost creep issues.

3)When i redline it and ****s....it "grabs" the next gear....is this bad for a AWD tranny?

4) Im getting a HKS Sequntial BOV soon...are these really loud?

Thanks for answering my questions....sorry bout some stupid qustions...Im new to the" Import" stuff

Oh BTW the Sti si White with gold rims...wil take pics when weather clears up:banana:
1.) No, it doesn't work that way. Your car is All wheel drive all the time. Putting it on a 2WD dyno for smog or any other reason will break something expensive in your car.

2.) Not all of the turbo backs have boost creep. My vishnu never had any. You will see a lot more gains from a turbo back than from just a catback

3.) Slamming a car into gear every time isn't great for the wear and tear. It is designed to last a certain amount of time treating it roughly will shorten it's life. By how much? who knows. I slam the crap out of mine all the time, I'll post when I blow it up.

4.) Aftermarket BOV's on this car aren't the best idea from what I have seen. Many people have had problems, but many people haven't. I am running over 300whp and the stock BOV is holding up just fine. Try an intake first, the APS intake can help lean out the car a slight amount to help make more power and will also make the BOV significantly louder.

Good luck

-----------------------
http://www.stifiles.com

stott
Old 04-06-2004, 03:05 AM

Car Info: 2004 STi Yellow/Black
If you aren't a car nut in the first place it will never make sense to you. I doubt there is any warranty left on my car.

------------------------
http://www.stifiles.com

stott