Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Does I-club care about 2Fast2Furious?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 05:55 AM

Car Info: 2004 Platinum Silver WRX
Saw it Sunday night, not as crowded that night. Everyone just needs to keep things in perspective and realize that this movie is fictional entertainment with some incredible stunts and some elaborate eye candy, nothing more and nothing less. I must say that they did tie in the storyline and charaters to the ending of the first movie quite well. I thought the whole "Miami Vice" plot was pretty entertaining too. Even my wife liked it. LOL

With that said, I think that from the stunts and types of cars point of view, they did a really good job with them, except of course for the REALLY over-the-top items like flaming tail pipes. But again, it's just a movie. Oh and they could have had more/better shots/use of Subarus, but that will probably be in the next movie.

I agree about Suki. She's one funky looking girl!

Then again, there was the Latin babe.....

Last edited by Dtech; 06-10-2003 at 09:15 AM.
Old 06-10-2003, 06:45 AM

I liked it, and will chalk it up to good entertainment. Tyrese was funny, the plot was much better than the first, and although they didn't put too much emphasis on the cars, it was still a good show.

At the theater where I saw it, there was a Mazda Protege parked in front and roped off, lot's of nice interior pieces, colored hoses, etc.. probably not modded to the max, but kind of a neat break from the seriousness of the scene.

"..Motec exhaust" nothing quite that cheesy... and they were a bit relaxed on the technical jargon which was good.

One of the few things I would've changed would be the Mitsubishi cars... made the movie seem like a long Mitsu commercial. Good move for Mitsu though... they'll probably see some decent sales (actually with or without the movie)

I admit, I kinda had to suspend my disbelief a bit to get into the movie, but heck, does the Matrix exist?... on second thought, don't answer that. hehe
Old 06-10-2003, 09:02 AM

Funny how you guys say 'coffee' can exhaust when about half of you guys have them too.

Ricists!
Old 06-10-2003, 03:08 PM

Originally posted by Cabal
Yet, strangely, many of the people that have them here have them as part of a turboback exhaust system that actually does something and not just makes sound, nor do they have cars that sound like flys buzzing in your ear. I'm really not sure how laughing at someone's poor fashion (and only fashion) taste in cars is different than making fun of the guy on my street with the neon green house. This is a pointless discussion, of course. Carry on.
Of course, we have it for a performance gain but they also have it for a performance gain too. Not all have a turbo back, later they weill eventually but this rice word is really getting out of hand.

There are cars that dont' have painted bumpers and have wings and stuff on them. People label them rice. We have show cars and they're all painted will some niffty stuff under the hood and people label them rice.

Get where I'm coming from..... I guess I should just ditch this thread and move onto learning more stuff on the other parts of this forum....hehe

I'm out! Have fun!
Old 06-10-2003, 06:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally posted by Cabal
I'm really not sure how laughing at someone's poor fashion (and only fashion) taste in cars is different than making fun of the guy on my street with the neon green house.
I point and laugh at the neon green, hot pink, and searing purple houses around here Just like I point and laugh at all those hurt cars putt-putting around trying to pick "races".
All I can say about this flick is that I'll see it under the same conditions that I saw the first one: I'm not paying (wasting!) any money whatsoever to see it.
Also, if you decapitate that girl in the pink S2000, she turns pretty hot!
Fuji K -- lighten up man! I'm just about the fobbiest Asian guy on the board and I make fun of rice, ricers, and rice rockets all the damn time!
Old 06-11-2003, 01:18 AM

Car Info: 03' WRB
the green eclipse in the first one wasnt even turbo'ed in real life.

<))><