Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Does I-club care about 2Fast2Furious?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 09:43 PM

Car Info: 2 SemiCustom-2Regulars
Cool About Tha New Fast & Furious

Give it a break boys and girls...it will make more money than anyone of us will ever make or hope to make no matter if you like it or not.

I went to the movie-plex this morning and saw Nemo and it was a very well done movie and was cute as can be.
If you didnt like that one also then think of this for starters.... 11:55 AM, full house in the theater, about 500 seats divided by two X's $10.00 for every two people, thats $2500.00 per show x's 5 shows per day = $12500.00 for one day only x's that by about 500 theaters (?) or more = $625,000.00 and dont forget the popcorn at $2.50 per small bag..geeze I give up....too many 00000000's for me to think anymore about.. but you do get my drift I would think.
It doesnt really matter what you and I think ...cause all will go to see the Move F&F even if we say we wont...

I did, and I even went and saw 8 mile and ...we'll you know..lots of people said that it would be a trash movie...

Later my automotive enthusiast...

TheWheelMan
Old 06-01-2003, 09:52 PM

Car Info: '03 PSM Sedan
the thing that really gets me about 2 fast 2 sprurious is the accessory line. most movies make due with action figures, t-shirts, DVDs and such -- pretty harmless stuff. what does 2F2F endorse? NOS?!?! c'mon kids, let blow up our civics!
Old 06-01-2003, 10:34 PM

Car Info: '03 PSM Sedan
seriously, there are fast and furious badged NOS systems for sale these days, just look in the pages of any import car mag. they're black and green bottles, and they're usually accompanying the hideous green car that blew up in the first movie.
and yeah, they're also marketing a ton of other crap. i just thought that selling NOS related to the movie was a poor choice.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:41 AM

Car Info: '02 Legacy GT - no mods
I hate to say it, but I am looking forward to seeing it. Why? Because of the Skyline and the Evo. I know I'll take a lot of flak for it in here, but I like the Evo, and although it's junked up, it's not as bad as the NSX or the Eclipse.

Even though I do want to see it, the amount of revenue it's going to generate is about the worst reason I can think of to go see it. "See, lots of other people will see it, so you should too! I mean, all the POPULAR people are doing it....."
Old 06-02-2003, 04:14 PM

Car Info: TXS tbe, perrin goodies, v7 sti struts...bla bla bla lots of stuff!
Arrow

Originally posted by mysubaruimp
i am not going to go see this in the theaters. 1)costs way too much. 2)cops are going to be out hardcore busting everyone for stupid violations. 3)i cant sit through that much rice at once 4)the kids that admire that rice and do it to their cars will be there, and so will all their cars. 5)i dont like to be associated with that crowd. but when it comes out on dvd, i will watch it, cause it does look like a pretty cool movie, some cars in it look pretty sick.
Number 3.... made me laugh :-p

Funny stuff. Agree with the majority of people here, I don't think it looks that good.. first one was alright just because I thought "that's cool, no one made a movie like this before..." kind of like the first matrix"

-Nigel
Old 06-02-2003, 06:57 PM

Car Info: 2001 sub. imp.
i dont know about you guys, but this movie made my car modding experiance shatty. i cant do anything without worrying, will it be ricey? i have a 2.2, the best block for a built motor in the long run, but i feel riced out with wheels on my car, i just dont want to drive down the road and have people say, hey look at that rice. i am so paranoid. i dont want to be thrown in as a ricer just cause i drive an import. i just keep saying, wait till the turbo comes in then ill have the power to back up whatever shat is on my car, but until then, i just have to lay low.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:19 PM

Car Info: 2001 sub. imp.
comon, the dragons blowing fire help me go fastar, the fire goes out the back, creating hotter, less dense air and moving my car forward into the more dense air that is better for my motor(this logic works if you have a 3 foot wing, and an apc sticker on your windshield)

Quick Reply: Does I-club care about 2Fast2Furious?