Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Buying a WRX (prolly a used one )

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 05:43 PM

Quick response:

Transmissions and clutches can be somewhat troublesome, but most are OK. In that price range buy for condition, not necessarily low miles. Try to get a stock one, not one that's been modified. Wagons are a little noisier in the interior due to the open cabin.
Old 12-08-2003, 06:38 PM

v0va -

All subes are kickass in the snow. My old Legacy could billygoat up any snowy road, even with crappy 185-70-14 freeway tires. If you put big, hugeass tires on it the snow performance will suffer, but stick to the 205-55-16 standard size and you'll be stoked.

At the winter cabin in Tahoe, there are only two kinds of cars on the road after snowstorms: 4wd trucks and Subarus.
Old 12-08-2003, 06:45 PM

Naw, here's whatcha do. You keep the stock rims and tires for your winter set. You could even buy dedicated snow tires if you want. For summer, get a killer set of 17 X 7 or 17 X 7.5s or 18 X 7.5s with sticky tires. Lots of WRX owners have two sets of wheels, one for winter and one for summer. I do.
Old 12-08-2003, 06:59 PM

Hacked up exhaust, clutch shudder, no records, signs of a wreck (have a mechanic check it out), do a carfax on the VIN number (www.carfax.com).

Quick Reply: Buying a WRX (prolly a used one )