Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

anyone here ever had their rpm's drop while accelerating?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 03:16 PM

Car Info: saabaru 92X
Originally Posted by knock
has anyone ever turned right to go left?

couldn't help myself.

But on topic I would saw you should flash the car back to stock, and pursue the seller because it sounds like you got the shaft. Otherwise it's Capitol subaru trying to stay in the black.

Rod knock while test driving would mean your car is using assloads more oil than normal, making way less power, maybe misfiring and certainly throwing a code since the factory knock sensor will detect the added noise.

My suggestion, is get the car to a local independent shop like GST or AutoHQ (closest to San Jose) and have them diagnose this "rod knock".

Dealer + Unknown problem == $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ +
Took it to GST and had Mike look at my car, he said it was a bearing knock. either way a new engine was recommend.

I had a 4 year/50,000 mile warranty. still under the 50,000 but my 4 years was up the previous month. since then, I've talked to the old dealership that sold me the car and they won't help cuz they're a low life used car dealership. Subaru can't do anything cuz its tagged as Saab. Saab won't help cuz they suck *****. so the only thing i could do now is write an angry letter to Saab and GM. which i've done. haha. no luck.

off the subject a little; i've decided to upgrade to the 2.5 block. I heard you have to bring your car to the state ref if you change the displacement on it. Has anyone had that problem with their engine swap?