Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

93 mazda rx7 turbo vs a 2002 subaru wrx

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 06:51 PM

Car Info: 09 WRX Hatch
Talking

The tornado... $60 snake oil as far as I'm concerned. I do not own one... but think about it. Does it really matter what the air is doing infront of your filter?? Especially with modern fuel injection, where everything is regulated down to the millisecond?
Old 02-26-2003, 05:05 PM

Car Info: 02' WRX
Re: 93 mazda rx7 turbo vs a 2002 subaru wrx

Originally posted by (==ImPrEzAWR==)
The Tornado is a cool device. It really saves fuel and gives power. You can feel fast accelaration wants you hit 3,000rpm. Then this cool sound in your intake which sounds like a tornado. I recommend it..
Tornado does nothing on modern cars, have dyno charts to prove it. Unlike a carb motor where it can sit on top of the carb and spiral the air into it aiding atomization this thing sits in the intake, goes through the TB, through the manifold, through the tumble generators, past the injectors, and into the cylinder. Most importantly it goes through a turbo, which completely negates any affect that it might have, which it doesnt. The sound that you here is the normal sound the WRX makes when the turbo kicks in, try taking that thing out and you'll here the same thing.

Tornado is snake oil, stay away.

Oh well, its cool, if you wanna beleive what people say in infomercials without having any backround knowledge to understand why or why not it's bull**** thats cool.
Old 02-26-2003, 05:36 PM
2006 Mt Hammy Car Show Winner

Car Info: Black 03 WRX, White 04 E46 M3
you will beat the rx7 easly. If it was manual that would be a different story though. The auto trannies on the 7 basically....suck. The rx7 will be running high 15's. Easy win for you

Quick Reply: 93 mazda rx7 turbo vs a 2002 subaru wrx