STi Countdown Perfect place to engage in hot discussions about the upcoming WRX STi. Please post all US WRX STi questions, answers, speculations here

TurboXS RFL Blow Off Valve

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 04:05 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRB Subaru WRX STi
TurboXS RFL Blow Off Valve

Does anybody have any experience/thoughts/comments on the TurboXS RFL BOV on their STi? I went to a carshow today (10/5) and I saw a STi with this BOV. It looks great but I am concerned with the hood clearance. The underside of the hood was a bit worn by the BOV. Any comments??
Old 10-06-2003, 11:01 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRB Subaru WRX STi
if this BOV has that effect then I'm not interested in it. For you guys that installed an aftermarket BOV on the STi, what kind did you get and what are your thoughts on it?? Also, is it worth getting a new uppipe or downpipe (sorry i forget which) and what kind?

Thanks for all of you who decide to help me out..
Old 10-12-2003, 04:52 PM

Car Info: 2004 STi
You don't need an up pipe due to the STi has no cat in it like the WRX did, it is just fine. Same with the BOV. The stock is good up to 20 psi and your car will run nicely. I have the RFL, Very Loud and COOOL..... but my car runs like crap with it no matter how many washers I put in or take out to change the spring tension. I have quite a few engine mods now and the one I have taken off is the BOV. See if you can borrow a friends to try it out and see for yourself. It is only a 3-5 minute switch, well for me anyway since I have changed it back and forth with the stock to compare. There are a lot of other BOV out there but if they vent to the atmosphere you car will not run smooth. TXS tec even told me that. You may want to try just a short ram intake, you will hear the stock BOV very well and decently loud or go with one that vents it back into the intake.
The Down Pipe IS A MUST!!!!!!!!! Great performance gains. The first mod I would do if I had to do it over again.
Good luck!
Old 11-05-2003, 02:22 PM

Car Info: Subaru WRX STI (blue)
blitz BOV blow off at 4,000 rpm. So what does that mean? and the most psi i reached so far is 14.7 psi at around 5,000 rpm.
Old 11-18-2003, 03:15 PM

Car Info: Sold my 05 Evo...Carless for a while...then 05' WRB STi whenever lol :(
why did they make the BOV recirculate into the intake tract??? to help spool/keep the spool up on the turbo???
Old 11-18-2003, 05:20 PM

They didn't make the Blow Off Valve recirculate, they made the Recirculation Valve recirculate...
Old 11-18-2003, 06:32 PM

Car Info: Sold my 05 Evo...Carless for a while...then 05' WRB STi whenever lol :(
bleh....im a noob when it comes to subys...can you tell ?

ok so a BOV that would actually work is the one from WorxTuning???
any probs with that or anything bad with it?
Old 11-20-2003, 09:14 AM

ok so ill just stick with the stock one then

on a stock STi can you actually hear the stock BOV(recirculating..i know)....or would i have to remove that intake resonator???
Old 11-20-2003, 01:07 PM

im still new here and new to subys but im learning as much as i can by searching the old threads and what not...

with the Worx Tuning Valve..it wont throw a CEL or make the car run rich and some of the other problems associated with a BOV on an STi(from what ive read)

Quick Reply: TurboXS RFL Blow Off Valve