STi Countdown Perfect place to engage in hot discussions about the upcoming WRX STi. Please post all US WRX STi questions, answers, speculations here

replacing rear window glass on STi

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 12:13 PM

Unhappy replacing rear window glass on STi

I found a razor blade scratch in the left rear passenger window of my 2 week old STi, I'am goin to have a service writer check it out and more than likely replace it what I was wondering is if anyone knew how hard it would be to pull the old glass and replace it with new? Anyone installing there own speakers in the door may of seen how the window glass can be pulled from the car. I know you can also buff the glass but this scratch is a little to deep.

-bolted in or glued?

-how hard of a job to replace it?

-Thanx, again.
Old 11-10-2003, 03:50 PM

Wink replacing glass

Yes, I'am having the dealership's service dept. replace the glass I just was wondering how hard of a job it is to do. I've gotten a hold of some service manuals since I posted this topic so I'am on the up and up, but thanx for the reply.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:49 PM

Car Info: silver 2.5 tr 2006MT wrx
it is a new car and all but how bad is it really, is it in the defroster?
if not *** it, leave it alone, if it is not broke do not tuoch it, cause how would you like it if it leaked later on, a while after they repaired. no ill will or anything i would not fool with it.
for any body out there that has this problem and you do feel like they are going to take care of it, smash the window, we all have a deductible right, insurance make it work for us.