STi Countdown Perfect place to engage in hot discussions about the upcoming WRX STi. Please post all US WRX STi questions, answers, speculations here

Extra charges and options on STi. Spoke to Dealer.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 01:19 PM

Guys,
I know people that are driving the test mule STI's around. They will tell you that it would take a hell of a driver to be able to use the full ability of this car. The performance and capabilty of this car when it comes out is going to blow people away. It's going to take some time for people to get used to it. It drives NOTHING like a wrx. This is not a WRx with a stiffer suspension and bigger motor. It's a completely different beast. I can't wait to get mine in 3 months.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:11 AM

Car Info: 2016 Red WRX
for the people who think he is BSing:

04STi lives in a fairly affluent area not far from where my parents live and where i grew up. Many of the Golden State Warriors live there (at least they did back in the day). I DOUBT he is BSing. in fact, he is probably considered "poor" for ONLY getting an 30-35K car.

I'm not saying he isnt spoiled or anything or trying to defend him. but i'm not surprised. hell, 1 of my friends in high school rolled around in a new 300ZX back in the day (92-95). he had to drive the 300ZX, cause his dad wouldnt let him drive the porsche 911. My other friend had a new NSX (although he only drove that when his parents were out of town since it was his mom's daily driver. haha. so, yes, 16 year olds do get nice cars.

oh ya, u wanna hear spoiled? this 1 girl in my lil sisters grade (10th grade) got a brand new VW beetle she wanted on her bday. BUT it was the wrong color. so she MADE her parents take it back and exchange it losing thousands in the process..
Old 04-17-2003, 09:40 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
The kid will kill himself...

-Gagan