STi Countdown Perfect place to engage in hot discussions about the upcoming WRX STi. Please post all US WRX STi questions, answers, speculations here

Extra charges and options on STi. Spoke to Dealer.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 10:55 AM

Car Info: a car with 4 wheels
Angry

To O4STi

well, having a rich parent buying you a new car and let you mess around 20k on a car, probably that what every one want, right?? probably everybody do think that way. Drving fast on the road, dust the guy that drive another 4-cylinder might just make you feels like you are the best of the world, and the fastest bad @$$ on the planet. Just by the message that you left on this forum, and by your age, I can already tell what kind of driver you will be on the road. It not just only you one that on the road, there is still other people even tho when you racing at late night( hopefully that the only time when you race), and there is other stupid or old people that doesn't really give any signal or watch if there is car when they cut the line infront of you, or hit the break chronically like they think it suppost, you might think that you drive safe on the road ( which I really hope and wish everyone do), but you never know when will it come, cause I lost friends that die in car crash, even tho when we are racing at nite before, hit someone that probably trying to goto work at 2 or 3 in the morning ( don't think I will ever work at the time in my life, cause it too early, wahahaha, anyway). Yeah, you might say that his @$$ is having bad luck, but go ahead and ask anyone in here, you will see how many car accident there was. So please, learn how drive first, or should I say learn how to drive safe. And don't think I'm that old, I'm only 21 around the block, been through alot of crazy ish, so ... just letting you know, please drive safe. You can always back fire me anytime you want if I said something wrong. ^_^
Old 03-30-2003, 01:54 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX STi
essogas,

That's a bummer that Canada has all of those hidden charges. It amazes me at some of the regulatory charges that the ruling body can invent and pass into law. I'm sure that there will be some anoying little charges that are attached to this thing for those of us in the states, depending on the state you reside in. I'm hoping that the STi will not come attached with the gas guzzler tax.

/gezzer mode on

O4STi,

I'm glad that you're getting something that I could never obtain at your age. Unlike many, I would never begrudge anybody any good that they recieve, wether it be earned or given. I think it's very trusting of your parrents to provide you with such a powerful vehicle at your age. I hope that you will respect their trust and not violate it like your friend has with his parent's trust. You should take a couple grand of the 20K provided by your parents and invest it in yourself. Take a driving course or two with your new scuby when it arrives. Beyond that, if you wish to endanger youself with some racing, by all means do it, but please keep it off the street.

/gezzer mode off
Old 03-30-2003, 04:25 PM

Car Info: a car with 4 wheels
To O4STi

just to remember one thing, drive safe either on road or on track,well ... or even off road, cause driving a great car do come with great responsibility ( learn it in a hard way ^_^.)

Quick Reply: Extra charges and options on STi. Spoke to Dealer.