STi Countdown Perfect place to engage in hot discussions about the upcoming WRX STi. Please post all US WRX STi questions, answers, speculations here

Do you really think the STI will come FULLY loaded under 30k?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 06:56 PM

Car Info: 05 PSM STI
I have been to 3 (THREE) Nor Cal dealerships this week. All 3 stated they would sell at MSRP. Two wanted to take refundable deposits, and would put it in writing. The third was willing but wanted ME to wait until they had confirmation of actual MSRP. One of the three has my check, and I have a purchase order signed by the General Mng.
Keep Shopping !!! Jerry C
Old 01-10-2003, 09:14 PM

Car Info: MY00RS25
Well let's hope that Subaru holds firm w/ the Dealer and makes them sell it at MSRP, similar to what Nissan did w/ the 350Z. There will still unsavory characters who will buy them and resell them immediately at a gain. I think the price will be in the low $30K. Hopefully not above $35K.
Old 01-11-2003, 01:10 AM
Dork

Car Info: 2005 STi, 2005 OXT
Hello,

Originally posted by Jerry C
I have been to 3 (THREE) Nor Cal dealerships this week. All 3 stated they would sell at MSRP. [...]
Keep Shopping !!! Jerry C
That's what I'm saying... I think we are at an advantage, here in California. People are so happy about the weather that they just don't become grumpy dealers.

Actually, Stevens Creek will probably sell the STi at $10k over MSRP (WRX was $6k over... and they added several K of "dealer options" to boot) and someone will buy it and post in the Bay Area Forums how they feel that their dealership sucks. And everyone will tell them "duh, that's why no one goes to that dealership."

Joel
Old 01-11-2003, 07:08 AM

Car Info: STi Stage 1
Two dealers in KC have stated that they will sell at MSRP{whatever that is}. I put a refundable deposit on one{I am #4} and they stated that a Subie guy told him that they wanted to undercut the evo in price. He also said that he doubted that an STI would sit on a lot........only preorders would get the machines. I told my dealer that I have heard of other dealers charging a lot over MSRP and he said that they will be in trouble with SOA. SOA told him that if anyone charges over MSRP for the STI then they will loose their allocation.

Last edited by Hummer; 01-11-2003 at 07:24 AM.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:22 AM
Dork

Hello,

Nice and ethical are two seperate things. I never said anything about ethics. It is ethical to be capitalist. It is not nice to charge too much.

I would rather frequent one of the now dozens of dealerships throughout the country that will be selling at MSRP and I would rather return to those dealerships for further needs and I would rather send anyone who asks to those dealerships. I'll treat those dealerships the way they treat their customers.

Joel
Old 01-15-2003, 09:18 AM
Dork

Hello,

Read over the threads here and on the other forums. There are people getting the STi at MSRP throughout the country.

Has anyone bugged CarsDirect or any of those places to see if they will be selling the STi? If they can get allocations, I wonder at what price they'll sell?

Joel
Old 01-15-2003, 09:48 AM

Originally posted by pfb
Umm, soulfy has some bad info, but you're info is equally bad.

5. Yes, STi's will be marked up by some dealers. Yes, STi's will be available at MSRP by others. Yes, STi's will sell for closer to invoice, like all other subaru's, 6-9 months after introduction. I have a #1 slot contract at MSRP, in writing, refundable deposit. My biggest hesitation is buying it at MSRP or waiting till I can get it closer to invoice.
IMHO, i very much doubt the STi will be sold close to invoice. You have to remember that in the US they sold close to if not over 20,000 Wrxes per year. STi will be a limited production performance vehicle and they're only going to bring over 5,000 per year max to keep the demand up.

Quick Reply: Do you really think the STI will come FULLY loaded under 30k?