STi Countdown Perfect place to engage in hot discussions about the upcoming WRX STi. Please post all US WRX STi questions, answers, speculations here

Can you really afford your STI?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 10:43 PM

Car Info: 2016 CWP WRX
hey

i agree drover, but there is the rare jewel sometimes. i gues my point is it might behove one to wait until the hype is over, as you said. i am also somewhat interested in how the new STi will respond to mods. i have heard a few somewhat disturbing facts about the bigger motor, and i am thinking waiting might be a good. no doubt this motor will respond to the typical mods, but what is the limit? its a waiting game for now.....

i have many other issues with the STi the more i learn about it. i still have my deposite down, but i am VERY on the fence about what to buy. it is down to an STi, EVO, or restoring an older GF8 and dropping some monster motor in it. i was not impressed with the new chassis as much as i thought i would be, and when i had a rex often yearned for my old GC8 back.

but i digress.....

this car is going to rock, and there will be plenty for everyone who wants one. as much as everyone thinks it is going to be a "rare" model, Subaru isnt stupid. they wil make more, and make many. look at the european market, and asian markets. STi's are like M cars here (at least in the bay area )

josh
Old 02-25-2003, 11:31 AM

Car Info: STi Stage 1
Re: interesting perspective

Originally posted by jmoriarty22
i was watching the Suze Orman show this weekend on CNBC and she brought up an interesting point...

you need to ask yourself whether you want to do what is best for you or what is best for your money. once you answer that, the decision to purchase or save becomes much clearer.
Screw my money. It does what I tell it to do. ;P

I would die very wealthy in a cave if I did what was best for my money.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:49 PM

Car Info: 2016 CWP WRX
hey

jw, i agree completely. i have vowed to not buy new for those reasons. the STi is special, and i got the ok from the wife, but in reality, i wont be able to afford one right away, and will look into a used one when i can afford it.

drover, i had a wrx wagon, and sold it to suby_dude, the parts vendor. his wife uses it to cart his kids around now . i spld it to get a S4 avant, and then lost my job and have yet to replace it with anything. it had a slew of mods and was pretty fast. i have a deposit now on the STi, but as you can see, will more likely pass it up until later.

wish i had never sold the wagon to tell you the truth. the S4 was nice, but not near as raw as the rex. much cheaper to maintain and mod as well (the rex that is).

josh