STi Countdown Perfect place to engage in hot discussions about the upcoming WRX STi. Please post all US WRX STi questions, answers, speculations here
View Poll Results: STI alternative - What would you buy?
Mazda RX-8
16.44%
Mitsubishi Evolution
46.58%
Nissan 350Z Track
16.44%
Ford Mustang Cobra
8.22%
Lotus Elise
12.33%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Alternative to STI ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 09:13 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Hard decision for me between the 350Z and the WRX, but when I saw the STi specs it was a no-brainer. Had to have one. I drove the Z and wasnt impressed at all. It was fun, but wasnt what I wanted for that sort of money.
Old 01-20-2003, 12:35 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Originally posted by ShahulX
well Id take the 350 Track (or the G35 coupe anyways...) The Sti is awesome looking and perfmance is great...the EVO is just ugly...Its the little things, like the hood, new bumper, interior and taillamps...changable yes, but not as sexy as the 350Z or new STI

The RX-8 will flop, Id probably die in a crash with the Lotus and my insurance would be nuts

The Cobra is hot, but cheap interior too raw without the sophistication in suspention etc... The Mach1 looks nice though

-Shahul
Yeah Z-Track and STi are definitely the picks. RX8 is worthless, not sure what the hell they were thinking, but its too bad. What a horrid way to follow-up the RX7 which was awesome looking.
Old 01-21-2003, 05:51 PM

Car Info: The Thundercougarfalconbird
Originally posted by Mr.Blue
The Elise all the way. It looks badass and with the integra type r engine swap it will kill everything else on that list above.
I thought either lotus or some British car manf had a "Type-R" engine in one of its cars. But if I were to choose the cars in that list, my 2nd would be the EVO even without the yaw control... I was actually having a harder time deciding which car to buy before Subaru announced the 2.5l engine in the Sti. After that? It was all too easy.

Tim

Quick Reply: Alternative to STI ?