Stereo & Security Sound systems, alarms, and radar detectors.

Upgrade stock speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 02:14 AM

Car Info: Mazda Protege '02 (Wishing protege has AWD and a H6 twin turbo)
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelbarbie
Let me preface this by saying I am overwhelmed at how much I hate about my new Baja. Never-the-less, I am trying to live w/it for now and thought if the sounds sounded better I might be able to ignore the lack of performance for awhile.

SO, the question is (after reading other threads):
Could anyone recommend a brand(s) of quality speakers? I have an Alpine amp and it sounds like if I stick w/the stock player and upgrade the speakers and add the amp, I'll be fine.
If you hate the performance so much do something about it and get it tuned. If they can tune a forester to 390hp i bet you can see some gains with that h6 of yours.

Far as speakers go. For the price infinity and polk audio have suited me very well for a long time. If you want your stock speakers to sound nice though. Play around with the mid range on the stock stereo. It actually does do a decent job or getting it tuned right if you got the ear for it.

Get yourself a nice lil sub too while your at it maybe a couple 10" or a single 10 depending on how much you plan to rattle the car lmao.
Old 07-08-2004, 02:56 PM

Car Info: 2002 Alpine White WRX
Originally Posted by DitherGizzard
Not all engine/drivetrain modifications void the warranty. Ask your dealer about specific mods.

For audio stuff, there is a huge variety of brands that make quality speakers. It all depends on how much you want to spend. So...how much money do you want to spend?.

DG
You must be new to Subaru, aftermarket air in your tires will void warranty.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Version 7.5 2002 STi
Originally Posted by Gleb83
You must be new to Subaru, aftermarket air in your tires will void warranty.
HAHA!

Nah really just stick to bolt ons until you feel comfortable ripping up your warranty. Bolt-ons can be removed if you ever HAVE to go to the dealer for something. I guess how far you go is how far you feel comfortable with your car. I have heard the the NA Baja is a PoS. Sorry you feel ill about your purchase
Old 07-09-2004, 06:41 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelbarbie
Let me preface this by saying I am overwhelmed at how much I hate about my new Baja..
don't you wish yours was made like this-->click
j/k don't mean to salt the wound- one positive note--- you have a 2.5 block.
speakers? anything is better than stock- i have nakamichi separates- i like em.
keep your head up because you have a good oportunity to build something special...an STi Baja

aloha from the summit of Mauna Kea
Old 07-09-2004, 12:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Impreza 2.5TS
Replacing factory speakers

There are a lot of options available for you Baja.
I am using JBL P650c component set in the front doors. The speakers are a little deep so I needed a spacer for the speaker, a spacer for the window track and there are these plastic fins on the back of the door that need to be trimmed off (this has to be done regardless of what speakers you decide to use).

Connecting the amp to the factory radio will work fine, though you may require a Hi-level to Low-level convertor, and that amp will work great with the speakers.

You can also check out the Infinity Reference 6000cs, these will require a 1/2" space for the speakers but you should not need the window spacer.

If you have more questions feel free to PM me.