Stereo & Security Sound systems, alarms, and radar detectors.

speakers

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 07:03 AM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
speakers

Damn! I thought 6.5" in the front and 4" in the back were the max......so you're sayin' that you can fit 6.5" and 5.25"?
How'd it go if so?
Old 09-19-2003, 11:57 AM

fitment

yeah please let me know about your fitment!
Old 09-19-2003, 03:36 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
Wow, this place is great. I finally got the nerve to sell my Toyota Tundra Limited 4x4...and purchased an STI 2 days ago...

This board is very similar to the one I belonged to called TundraSolutions.com. Very knowledgable and helpful.

Would it be possible to get the dimensions of the spacers? I'm planning on putting Diamond 6.5" components in the front and 5.25" coax's in the rear...

Where has everyone been placing the amp? Crossovers?

Thanks in advance...
Old 11-07-2003, 02:53 PM

Talking

Originally posted by East Coast WRX
it went quite well after countless hours of making adapter rings when i was done I decided I better make some templates incase others run into the same issues. Drop me an email and I can help you with fitment, etc.
Question about the spacers and filaments....can you post the dimentions or templates on here?
Old 11-07-2003, 08:50 PM

I have 6.5" in the front and 5.25" in the back of my 02 without any spacers at all, just went right in. amp in sitting right underneath my driver's seat.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:53 AM

Originally posted by babymike
I have 6.5" in the front and 5.25" in the back of my 02 without any spacers at all, just went right in. amp in sitting right underneath my driver's seat.
You are talking about an 02 WRX correct? I hope so...it would be great to NOT have to make spacers
Did you have to do anything special to make them fit? or they just went right in, like you said?:banana:
Old 11-12-2003, 12:20 AM

yeah, i have an 02 sedan. they just went right in without any problems, didn't have to change anything. you want to look at what type of speakers you get though, cause my fronts 6.5's are pretty shallow. if you go with something like fosgates, they may be a little too thick in which case you'll need to get spacers. good luck.
Old 11-13-2003, 01:57 PM

Question

Are you talking about 6.5 MB quarts? and if so what kind? and what kind if not?
Old 11-13-2003, 05:12 PM

i'm actually running 6.5 kenwood duomags in the front, really shallow magnet which is why i could probably fit them. in the backs i'm running 5.25 fosgate 2 way speakers. from what i've read in the past, i'm pretty sure you can fit any 6.5 components, you'll just run into a problem with 6.5 coax speakers. hope that helps.
Old 11-18-2003, 05:38 PM

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX
yeah, I found at crutchfield that the rear speaker is 4" and really not fit also a speakers that carry a tweeter in the top don't fit cuz the cover of the door won't close.
The GXR5 series carry a tweeter that not overpass the woofer and fit perfect in the hole.
guess what !????.........................I paid $45.00 for the speakers
MSRP is $89.95

Last edited by voyager2000; 11-19-2003 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:50 PM

Car Info: STI
Originally posted by Island Style
Wow, this place is great. I finally got the nerve to sell my Toyota Tundra Limited 4x4...and purchased an STI 2 days ago...

This board is very similar to the one I belonged to called TundraSolutions.com. Very knowledgable and helpful.

Would it be possible to get the dimensions of the spacers? I'm planning on putting Diamond 6.5" components in the front and 5.25" coax's in the rear...

Where has everyone been placing the amp? Crossovers?

Thanks in advance...
WRXs have a ton of space under the seats so that is probably the best bet. Depending on your setup you may be able to fit everything under there. Believe me, I've got crossovers for Boston Zs (they are big), 2 xtant 1.1, a xtant 6.1, and an Alumapro CAP5 under my seats. I would argue against using duct tape to secure the crossovers in the door. Duct tape is awesome for many things but over time IT WILL come loose with the opening and closing of the door.

Are you planning to do the install yourself Island Style?
Old 11-20-2003, 11:53 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
...It's been a while since I posted this up...since then, I have installed stage 1 of my stereo system...

Nakamichi CD-45Z Head Unit

MB Quart 6.5" components up front
MB Quart 5.25" coaxials in the rear
5 Channel Alpine Amp
10" Temporary Sub...

Sounds pretty good but I am working on a solution to bring the sound stage more up front.

In my Tundra, I built a custom fiberglass enclosure that fit under the center console that housed a 10" Phoenix Gold XMAX sub...You would not believe how awesome that sounded...I gave it to my bro in Alaska to use in his Limited Tundra...

I need to try to do the same with this vehicle...I'm in the process of researching out 8" subs that will put out the low's that I want and still be housed under the front seats...Looking at JL Audio 8W6's or the 8" Kicker L7's...both would sound great...
Old 11-21-2003, 09:34 AM

Originally posted by Island Style
...It's been a while since I posted this up...since then, I have installed stage 1 of my stereo system...

Nakamichi CD-45Z Head Unit

MB Quart 6.5" components up front
MB Quart 5.25" coaxials in the rear
5 Channel Alpine Amp
10" Temporary Sub...

Sounds pretty good but I am working on a solution to bring the sound stage more up front.

In my Tundra, I built a custom fiberglass enclosure that fit under the center console that housed a 10" Phoenix Gold XMAX sub...You would not believe how awesome that sounded...I gave it to my bro in Alaska to use in his Limited Tundra...

I need to try to do the same with this vehicle...I'm in the process of researching out 8" subs that will put out the low's that I want and still be housed under the front seats...Looking at JL Audio 8W6's or the 8" Kicker L7's...both would sound great...
What model MB Quarts are you using? what car u have again?

Quick Reply: speakers