Stereo & Security Sound systems, alarms, and radar detectors.

Remove rear deck without removing C-pillars

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 01:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Version 7.5 2002 STi
Remove rear deck without removing C-pillars

I'm working on a ported install that vents into the cabin via the rear deck. Has anyeone seen instructions or a diagram to remove the rear deck? I've yanked out the seats but really don't really want to remove the trim on the C-pillars.

Anyone done this that can tell me if there's a way to remove the deck (without breaking it) or do I just have to remove all the trim as well.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:53 PM

Car Info: 07 Audi RS4
I was able to remove my rear deck without removing the c-pillar trim, but installing without damage really isn't possible. just remove the seat belt pulley covers, pull off the belt pulley and the trim piece comes off really nice. Luckily for us Subaru owners, subaru uses really high quality clips, so they don't really break, unless you don't line them up when installing. Sorry, i know that wasn't what you wanted to hear, but hope it helps and all goes well.
Old 06-19-2004, 12:24 AM

Car Info: 1
When i installed my rear speakers i wasn't too excited about this either, but i found that it was a lot easier than it seems. I actually took out the rear seats and matting entirely to let me reach into the trunk from the back seat. I spent most of my time during the install trying to reach up with one hand and hold the screw in place with my offset screwdriver and wrench it underneath with my other hand.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Version 7.5 2002 STi
Yeo I pulled it off last night... it's really easy. I'm not putting speakers in there, I'm building a custom enclosure/amp rack etc. that's ported into the cabin via the rear deck. Reason is because alot of the sound tends to get caught and stuck in the trunk so it's pretty inefficient. About halfway done now, just working on trim at the moment so should be done by the end of the month. I'll post pics when I am finished