Stereo & Security Sound systems, alarms, and radar detectors.

Radar Detector Install

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 11:31 AM

Car Info: Nothing
Radar Detector Install

I have searched and found some threads, but just want to see if anyone has more specific directions or even pics.

I just got my new 06 WRX TR and want to install my Radar Detector so that I dont have to plug it into the cig lighter. For one, I dont like the cord dangling, and also I would like to get an FM Modulator for my ipod, and that will probably have to plug into the lighter. Anyways, I am pretty good with car electronics, or so I thought. I have done all my stereo installs in the past on my other cars. Since this is a new car though, I wanna be sure I know what I am doing before I start pulling stuff apart.

What do I need to hook into for my radar detector, and any ideas on where to hide wires would be appreciated. Really any help or ideas someone can give would be appreciated...I am not even sure how to get behind the dash at this point.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:17 PM

Car Info: Nothing
I did some more searching all day and found this great Tutorial:
http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5328

Anyways, hope that helps someone else.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:41 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Silver
I did the same thing in that tutorial. Just remove the light housing and you will find the extra cable that is for the power rearview mirror. I then just cut the connector off that and stipped the wires. I then figured out witch one was witch with a volt meter. I then cut the cable for my radar detecter about halfway and stripped those wires. I then wired it correctly and BAM!!!