Stereo & Security Sound systems, alarms, and radar detectors.

Need help with installation of Viper 91XV alarm on 06 STI

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 05:01 AM

Car Info: 2006 STI - WRB
Need help with installation of Viper 91XV alarm on 06 STI

I had a place in Mobile called Monster Audio install my alarm on Saturday. I wouldn't go there again just because the salesman is a moron. Anyway they installed the alarm and everything works except for the remote start and the windows rolling down from the remote. The installer told me that the bypass for the factory was not working and everytime he would activate the remote start the headlights, radio, and interior lights would go out. So he took the bypass out so everything funtions normally and the alarm does the basic features. Viper is sending him a new bypass in a couple days. I was curious if this was going to fix the problem or do the same ****. I asked him if he should remove the factory brain, and he said that could possilbly kill the lights, etc. Personally, I think the guy is a liar about everything. Any ideas what I could do to get it all to work?

Thanks,
Zab
Old 08-22-2005, 11:08 AM

do you have the big silver and blue sti key or do you have a black key? If you have the black key you need a part from dei(viper) called a 556u or 556uw though I havent seen one that needed it. Sounds to me like the man needs to bypass the factory alpine alarm and it also sounds to me like the man's an idiot. If you lock the car door with the button on the door before you get out of the car and the car beeps at ya when you close the door than the factory alarm is still active(on subarus other cars arm after approx 45 seconds)
Old 08-22-2005, 12:02 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI - WRB
I have the big black key. Supposedly DEI is sending him that part you mentioned. He said it was special made for Subaru or something. All I know is, if this doesn't fix it. He is not getting paid.

Thanks,
Zab