Stereo & Security Sound systems, alarms, and radar detectors.

My Window won't move?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 07:21 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB WRX
My Window won't move?

I installed a set of speakers in the back of my WRX today and that went smooth. I also installed my focal 165V components in the passenger side door. I made a 3/4" spacer and ground of some of the plastic on the back of the door panel. I also ground a bit off the gold screw and a little plastic on the window as the clearance between the speaker was still really tight. Anyways I got everything back together and went to put my window up and it won't move. I hear no motor cranking or anything at all. The switch is connected correctly and I don't know what's wrong. During my break at work I took off the door panel and speaker to see if it was rubbing the window and preventing it from moving and the window still wouldn't move with no obstruction near it. I know I didn't cut any of the wires in the door so I don't know what's wrong. Anyone have any ideas of advice?
Old 08-25-2003, 11:09 PM

I suggest you check all door window switches. If 1 switch is not connect, no windows will work with any other switch. This happens to most cars. Check each switch and make sure the connection is tight because sometimes it can be in but not all the way connected . Plus make its plugged in the right direction.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:50 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB WRX
Thanks for the suggestion. I checked all switches and all work except the passenger front. I even took the rear passenger side switch and plugged it into the front door but still nothing. I hope the motor isn't shot. I've tried with the speaker in and out, the window is not getting caught in any obstructions. I've checked and rechecked all switches and everything is correct. I may have to bite the bullet and take it to the dealer although I'd rather not. But I can't be driving around for days with no window and I'm sure it'll rain soon enough. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-26-2003, 11:43 PM

perhaps check the wires on the motor itself, inside the door.
Old 09-19-2003, 04:56 PM

Car Info: 02 Blue WRX
when I installed my crossover in the door, the scissor bar that moves the window was obstructed by one of the screws. I ended up hot glueing the drossover inside the door panel.