Stereo & Security Sound systems, alarms, and radar detectors.

My Car is a Slut! (WRX Alarm)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 02:25 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
the shock sensor is many aftermarket alarms is adjustable..I am assuming it should be adjustable on the factory one also...check under the dash and look as the module and see if there is a little **** that u can turn, that is most likely an adjustment for sensitivity...
Old 01-27-2003, 02:50 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX | 95 GC
if I remember correctly the shock sensor is in the center console under or neat the e-brake handle. Check Subaruparts.com or subaruwrxparts.com for the instructions and pdf. I am not sure of the adjustability of the sensor.
Old 01-27-2003, 03:40 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
if it only has 1 control then yes...it will make it more sensitive which may make it chirp when the gas door is played with, but it will also make the sensitivity a lot worse also...it will go off to a lot of things that it shouldnt be going off to...
Old 01-27-2003, 03:49 PM

Car Info: 19' Impreza Sport Manual / 99 Miata / 13' OB
It's a shock sensor not a motion sensor. It's not supposed to go off unless it's a substantial hit like a broken window or someone hitting it w/ a car. Motion sensors tend to go off all the time which is why they really don't use them anymore.

From here:

http://allsubaru.com/faq.html

Cut and paste:

The security system control unit has a built-in shock sensor. Once the system is armed, the shock sensor will trigger an alarm if there is a physical shock to the vehicle (such as broken glass or forced entry). There are two alarm levels for the shock sensor; warning and alarm. In warning mode, the alarm detects a lower level of vibration and triggers 2 warning chips from the horn and two vehicle light flashes. In alarm mode, higher levels of shock are detected and the system will go into full alarm.

Last edited by Peaty; 01-27-2003 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-27-2003, 09:28 PM

yep the factory alarm is a shock sensor, not a motion one. when i just upgraded it, i didnt know and was rocking the car to see how sensitive it was. when i found out it was a shock sensor, i kicked the tire and it horned.
the motion sensor is under the center console. just take a screw driver and adjust how sensitive you want it.
Old 01-28-2003, 04:17 AM

Car Info: 19' Impreza Sport Manual / 99 Miata / 13' OB
Originally posted by ScoobyBoy
yep the factory alarm is a shock sensor, not a motion one. when i just upgraded it, i didnt know and was rocking the car to see how sensitive it was. when i found out it was a shock sensor, i kicked the tire and it horned.
the motion sensor is under the center console. just take a screw driver and adjust how sensitive you want it.
The thing under the console IS the shock sensor not a motion sensor. The OEM alarm does not have a motion sensor.

Have a look here and notice it says Shock Sensor and no where Motion sensor:

http://www.scoobymods.com/mods/wrx/f...002isecsys.pdf

Last edited by Peaty; 01-28-2003 at 04:27 AM.
Old 01-28-2003, 05:09 PM

Talking

whoops...i meant shock sensor.