Stereo & Security Sound systems, alarms, and radar detectors.

JL Stealth Box- Any interest?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 11:05 AM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
That would not be very hard to make at all, it could be done completely out of MDF.
Are you in the Bay area? I am starting to think about making sub boxes for people to get mod money.

I may be taking another stab at box for my car but using a 10" ring instead of a 12".
I might even get creative and build the amp rack right in to the wheel well box.

--Matt

Originally Posted by skrapps00RS
I would definetely consider a stealthbox in my '00 RS if the price seemed fair. Considering my back seat does not fold down, I think I would prefer something that backed against the back of my rear seat. I think you get great bass response in that position if you are using a sealed enclosure. a single 12 inch would be nIce
Old 11-06-2004, 12:54 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Stealth Box Update---

Well I just returned from SEMA where I had a very positive meeting with Don Vertrees from JL Audio. Don runs the 'Stealth Box" program for JL and is THE MAN to decide if a Subaru Stealth Box will be made. He has offered me a chance to help him with the box by making a mold of the trunk of my car. Before I do this though I need someone with a wagon to let me take some pictures and measurments to make sure the box will fit both the wagons and sedans. At this point the most logical place for the box is in the spare tire well. The plan is that it could fit both cars. I am also interested in looking at a previous body style car in both 2 and 4 door to see if it would fit them as well. Anybody interested in meeting up somewhere? We probably wont see anything until the first of the year but I think it will be worth the wait. Thanks for all your posts.

Also, my shop is in Stockton if anybody would like to check it out or perhaps even get some gear installed while your here. You can call me at 209-474-1774 or PM me.

Thanks
Scott
Old 11-07-2004, 05:14 PM

Scott,

I can bring my car by anytime you want.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Stage 4+ Bugeye
Does anyone know about the 6w0 ? I would really like to have a small sub under each seat. What kind of enclosures do they use ? What size amp would I need ? Thanks to any and all replies.

Rush
Old 11-09-2004, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by skrapps00RS
I would definetely consider a stealthbox in my '00 RS if the price seemed fair. Considering my back seat does not fold down, I think I would prefer something that backed against the back of my rear seat. I think you get great bass response in that position if you are using a sealed enclosure. a single 12 inch would be nIce

agreed
Old 11-09-2004, 10:23 PM

If you guys want something that fits against the rear of the seat check out JL's CS112RG-W0 or the CS210RG-W0 They fit great against the back of the seat and sound awesome.

Nick, thanks for the offer. i may need to meet up with you.

Later
Scott
Old 11-16-2004, 02:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Rust and Salt
Bump for updates, I'm very interested
Old 11-16-2004, 02:56 PM

I am waiting for JL to get back to me about exactly what they want from my mold. They are also supposed to send me some wax and other material to use in the making of the mold.
We probably wont see much until first of the year. I can speculate that the staelthbox process could be up to several months long. I will update and share pics as I do them.
Later
Scott
Old 11-16-2004, 03:14 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
keep me in the loop as well, I would love to own a stealth box as well, but im not willing to give up my spare tire.

If anybody is interested in a fender wall box let me know, I will make one if you pay for the materials up front.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:30 PM

Car Info: 2000 Impreza 2.5 RS
Originally Posted by mcdrama
That would not be very hard to make at all, it could be done completely out of MDF.
Are you in the Bay area? I am starting to think about making sub boxes for people to get mod money.

I may be taking another stab at box for my car but using a 10" ring instead of a 12".
I might even get creative and build the amp rack right in to the wheel well box.

--Matt

Im all the way in Mass, although that sounds tempting, I think I am leaning towards an ordinary sealed box that I can just butt up against the back of my rear seat. Does anyone know if I could fit a sealed box that houses one 12" subie in the trunk of my 00' RS sedan??
Also, this is probably a stupid question but would I have to remove my spare tire to put the stealthbox thats made for the spare tire well????
Old 12-30-2004, 10:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Aspin '02 WRX sedan
*BUMP* for any updates on the progess of the boxes...
Old 12-31-2004, 09:36 AM

Hello all,
Sorry for not posting sooner but I have been very busy in the retail end of my business with Xmass and all that. I thought I would be able to make some extra time to do the lay up of the glass by now but I have not even had a chance to change the oil in my wrx. Anyway, next week I will be meeting with my friends at JL (For C.E.S.) and will reafirm their commitment to the project (face to face). To all of you who are waiting, I am still optimistic that this will happen, I'm just not sure how fast.

Later
Scott

Quick Reply: JL Stealth Box- Any interest?