Stereo & Security Sound systems, alarms, and radar detectors.

How To remove a stock alarm from 2003 Tacoma?? --- PLEASE Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 06:12 PM

Car Info: 2003 Toyota Tacoma
How To remove a stock alarm from 2003 Tacoma?? --- PLEASE Help

I am a competent person looking for instructrion on how to remove a stock alarm system from a 2003 Toyota Tacoma, or at least disable the damn thing. Any and all info will be extremely appreciated. I would like to know where the brain and or fuse to the system may be located. I have spent many hours tyring to figure this out myself, taking everything apart, and have had minimal success, so if you have any info or could point me in the right direction to some info, you would save my butt and I would be more than happy to return the favor if there is anything I can do for you.

THANKS

Dan
Old 01-16-2006, 06:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 WRX WRB
Hm, not a good question to ask on a Subaru forum.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:53 PM

Car Info: 2003 Toyota Tacoma
damn, i had no idea

Old 01-18-2006, 06:06 AM

It is a question best served by a Tacoma forum but there are plenty of non-Subaru/non-auto related posts on here so why not? I have a Tacoma as well as a Subaru and although I don't know where the alarm cpu is located I did see some information on how to Enable the factory alarm from keyless entry only so the reverse should be true for Disabling it. There should be a loopback connector under the dash which is disconnected if you have the factory alarm option. If you plug in the white wire shown in the picture, located to the left of the steering column, it is supposed to disable the factory alarm and leave keyless entry functions in place. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails How To remove a stock alarm from 2003 Tacoma?? --- PLEASE Help-taco_alarm.jpg