Stereo & Security Sound systems, alarms, and radar detectors.

Add a line in to stock head?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 10:04 AM

Car Info: 05 WRX wagon, Stock... for now
Final thoughts on the FM modulator.

Its in and working just fine. With the factory speakers the sound quality is as good as a CD. The ONLY thing that didn't turn out smooth about the whole deal was that I have to turn the volume up about 4 positions higher when running the modulator/iPod Mini than with CD/Radio. Other than that, the install is completely stealth, sounds good, and was well under $100. My only problem now is figguring out which artists to use my 4 gigs on

Chris
Old 01-13-2005, 07:51 PM

Legacy05,

Here is the link to the PDF that Subaruparts.com has for their subwoofer install ( shows how to open the console etc) for 2001+ legacys. I don't know if the 05 is the same, but it might point you in the right direction. So long as you can get the console/pannels out, you shouldn't have much of a problem with it.

http://www.subaruparts.com/guides/subwoofer.pdf

Good luck,
Chris
Old 01-14-2005, 08:27 AM

I believe the farenheit unit that I have does the same thing. The goodguys near me had both and the farenheit unit was a little less bulky so thats the route I went. If they're installers have good experience with the audiovox one though, I wouldn't hesitate to use it so long as the price isn't a lot more than $39.99.

Chris
Old 01-20-2005, 09:20 AM

That sucks... I wonder why there is a different antena plug on the legacy than the WRX? My MY05 WRX has the regular ol' antena plug.

Try calling good guys, Tweeters, and Al and Eds. They are larger retail chains that have decent install departments and might have what you need. In the mean time, I'll put the word out to a couple folks in the biz and see what they can come up with.

Chris
Old 01-20-2005, 10:46 AM

Okay,

Email timluby@metra-autosound.com. He is the western region sales rep for Metra. They make a ton of adapters etc for the aftermarket car audio community.

Their website is www.metraonline.com and if you look under the contact tab, you can also call their customer support. Their website is only current up to 03 models, but my inside sales rep at Tweeter said that they would be a good place to check via phone or email.

Next would be American International. They are another adapter company. They're phone number is 800-336-6500. Web address is http://www.americaninternational.net/

One of these two should have it. Then your installer can just order it from them.

Hope that helps,
Chris
Old 01-20-2005, 09:16 PM

No problem. If you can't get the adapter check on another thread I'm about to post that will cure this and many other suby audio expansion problems....

Good luck,
Chris