Stereo & Security Sound systems, alarms, and radar detectors.

2007 WRX radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 05:49 AM

2007 WRX radio

I just traded in my 2002 WRX for a 2007. I hope that I did not make a mistake because I really loved the 2002. The first thing is that they still put those lousy Bridgestone RE92 tires on the car. I will change those real soon. The second thing I noticed in the 2007 in that the radio is horrible compared to the 2002. You have to turn the volume up much higher to even hear it. The rear speakers seem non-existent. What are other's thoughts on this?

Thanks, GOPATS
Old 12-19-2006, 07:22 AM

Car Info: 2007 Impreza 2.5i
agreed, the radio in the 2007 models does not seem up to par with the radios other car companies are using...not sure why they did this but it does somewhat suck.

i opted for the upgrades speakers, tweeters, and amp/sub and it's a tad better then the car i test drove that did not have any of those in it...but it still does not seem very good, but all in all it's not that big a deal to me.

would upgrading the speakers and hu void any part of the warranty?
Old 12-19-2006, 08:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by zavier
agreed, the radio in the 2007 models does not seem up to par with the radios other car companies are using...not sure why they did this but it does somewhat suck.

i opted for the upgrades speakers, tweeters, and amp/sub and it's a tad better then the car i test drove that did not have any of those in it...but it still does not seem very good, but all in all it's not that big a deal to me.

would upgrading the speakers and hu void any part of the warranty?
well the radio and speakers would obviously no longer be covered however theyd have their own warranty

the only wat I can think subaru would try to void the warranty is if you had any electrical problems, they might try to say its because of the radio pulling to many amps or something, but that could easily be overturned by a court since subaru would have to prove the radio pulled more amps than the electrical system was designed for and that cause whatever problem
Old 12-19-2006, 08:18 AM

Car Info: 2007 Impreza 2.5i
Originally Posted by MBasile
well the radio and speakers would obviously no longer be covered however theyd have their own warranty

the only wat I can think subaru would try to void the warranty is if you had any electrical problems, they might try to say its because of the radio pulling to many amps or something, but that could easily be overturned by a court since subaru would have to prove the radio pulled more amps than the electrical system was designed for and that cause whatever problem
haha yea, good to know though that changing the speakers/stereo wouldn't somehow void the whole warranty...
Old 12-19-2006, 08:46 AM

I am going to ask them to take a look at the radio. I am hoping it might be a bad amp. I have to turn the volume into the 30's on the rear speakers before you can hear them.