Stereo & Security Sound systems, alarms, and radar detectors.

05 2.5 RS Sport / WRX Sedan Speaker Sizes

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 06:59 PM

Smile 05 2.5 RS Sport / WRX Sedan Speaker Sizes

Hey all. Have done my searches, and have checked all of the great sites, and forums, and yet i have been unsuccessful in determining what the actual size of ths stock speakers, in the 25RS or the WRX sedan is, and what the maximum Possible size without dremel work is. So here is the request for the night. Hopefully after we get this answered, it can be a sticky for all of the future researchers for speakers and sizes.

Stock

Front Speaker Size (front door)

Front Tweeter Size (front door)

Rear Speaker Size (rear door)

Aftermarket

Front Speaker Size MAX Allowed without dremel (front door) IAM Spacers may be required

Front Tweeter size

Rear Door Speaker size ( Rear door ) Max Size without dremel work, IAM Spacers may be required.

REAR DECK LID (SEDAN)
There is a rear deck that has holes cut out in it. You can potentially see these from the inside of the trunk. I tried to measure them out, but i get stuck at this little black box that is on the left one. I think that the size is 6x9, however dont have proof. So questions i need answered here are -

1) Size of the rear decklid port holes

2) What is the little black box, and can it be moved to some other location

3) Do you think that mounting the speakers from the bottom of the lid and screwing them in from the top, and having dynamat inbetween the speaker and the metal would be a decent option?

Thanks to anyone who answers the questions that i have here. I think this will be a great full reference in the future, as well as be a big help for me. Any info anyone has would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.