In Your Basket?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 11:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Giant Bowery '84
Originally Posted by shim022
gifts out of the blue for no reason are the best gifts. no matter how small or large.

write her a card expressing how you felt. especially if you have trouble expressing yourself verbally, writing it out can get the message across clearer w/out interruptions.

it depends on the person, but a written note of how you feel can be more effective than flowers. just keep showing her that she's on your mind even when you guys aren't physically together and that you appreciate everything she does for you. if you don't do so already.
Thanks,

The card is part of the flower
Old 02-09-2007, 11:55 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
gifts out of the blue for no reason are the best gifts. no matter how small or large.

write her a card expressing how you felt. especially if you have trouble expressing yourself verbally, writing it out can get the message across clearer w/out interruptions.

it depends on the person, but a written note of how you feel can be more effective than flowers. just keep showing her that she's on your mind even when you guys aren't physically together and that you appreciate everything she does for you. if you don't do so already.
take notes soggy haha
Old 02-09-2007, 12:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by sigma pi
take notes soggy haha
too late ed is sleeping in the garage
Old 02-09-2007, 01:18 PM
9 to 5 mod

seri is going to leave her motor running hahha
Old 02-12-2007, 12:58 PM
kym

Car Info: Lotus Elise
i didn't know you were into that!

ahh, the power of a comma.
Hahaha, Seri, I miss you!!

My boyfriend is getting the sht-btch-you-is-fine bear () and tickets for the Blue Man Group. We've always wanted to see them so I figured it was a good gift.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:05 PM
9 to 5 mod

im going to that tonight are you kym?
Old 02-12-2007, 02:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 wrx wagon
hii kym! i miss you too!!! :-*

hopefully we'll get to meet up next time i'm down there!
Old 02-12-2007, 02:50 PM
9 to 5 mod

oh yeah seri going down for kym
Old 02-12-2007, 03:18 PM

Car Info: 05 RSTurbo Wagon
sweet well....screw the basket...I bought us bedding ...ohhh yahhh

1200 thread ct sheets
1200 thread st comforter...

Total: 1400.00

ai ya
Old 02-12-2007, 03:25 PM
kym

Car Info: Lotus Elise
im going to that tonight are you kym?
Not tonight I know the touring act is in SoCal the couple days before Valentine's Day, but my tickets are for the show at the Venetian. I'm having surgery at a facility in Vegas early April, so we'll be there anyway.

Let me know how the show is - I've never been!

hii kym! i miss you too!!! :-*

hopefully we'll get to meet up next time i'm down there!
You always seem to miss me when you come down.. But I'm lame and I always say I'm planning a trip up to Norcal, hah :P
Old 02-12-2007, 03:29 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by Niki2.5RsWgn
sweet well....screw the basket...I bought us bedding ...ohhh yahhh

1200 thread ct sheets
1200 thread st comforter...

Total: 1400.00

ai ya
can i be your bf just for the gifts?
Old 02-12-2007, 03:42 PM

Car Info: 05 RSTurbo Wagon
Hahahaha
I tend to spend a lot on my b/f

can i be your bf just for the gifts?
Old 02-12-2007, 04:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 wrx wagon
Originally Posted by kym
Not tonight I know the touring act is in SoCal the couple days before Valentine's Day, but my tickets are for the show at the Venetian. I'm having surgery at a facility in Vegas early April, so we'll be there anyway.

Let me know how the show is - I've never been!

You always seem to miss me when you come down.. But I'm lame and I always say I'm planning a trip up to Norcal, hah :P
let me know too, mike! i hear it's a hate it or love it thing...

yeah, i know. i need to give you advanced notice. my friend flaking on me last minute didn't help on the last trip.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:17 AM
9 to 5 mod

it was cool didnt love it though
Old 02-13-2007, 07:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Wagon
Originally Posted by hey1
Simplicity is definitely good.

Yesterday was another tiring day. Early morning workout, long hours of work and I finally get to go home at around 8PM 8:30PM (Work starts at 9AM ~ 9:30AM M~F). Tetsu and I had dinner together at home. She brought back the best hainan chicken from Savoy (@Alhambra; Best I've ever had in the states; prove me wrong later; take out dinner) at my request over the phone earlier in the evening while I was at work. We enjoyed it at home on our coffee table in front of the TV. After dinner, she brought out a Nike shoe box and handed it over me. Immediately, my mind froze and I didn't know what to do with the shoes. First of all, I'm a Nike AF1 and Dunk fanatic. I love my shoes and I love keeping them fresh. I would buy them and not wear them immediately. I might be a freak, but I love my Nike sneakers smelling fresh and unused. I pretty much treat them like my baseball and basketball cards when I was little. Anyhow, I opened it and it was the Nike Dunk Low Germany. I looked at it (more like an observation), loved it, took one of them out, sniffed it, placed it back in, closed it, kept them in the shoe box, placed it beside me and I thanked her with xoxoxo. Then in my mind, I was wondering whether it was for an early valentine or not, which lead me to think about the gift that I had in mind but not quite there physically yet. With those thoughts, my expression didn't seem so thankful and pleasant. It then gave her the wrong idea and lead her to think that I didn't like it. She then got sad and I lost my mind and didn't know what to do nor what to say. She thought that I didn't like them because I didn't bother to try them on and see if they fit or not. I assumed that she knew how I treat my shoes if I really really like them, but not this time. I told her that I noticed that it was size 13 and I knew that it will fit right. I realized that I got her mad and anything I say would no longer matter. We both got frustrated about the situation and went to do our own things. I went to wash the dishes and she went to do something else. I finally took it back to my room and tried on the pair of Dunk Low Germany. I walked over to her while she was on her laptop in the living room. I thanked her again as I showed it to her, but it was still too late. The story went on and she was still mad at me for not being thankful and appreciative and that if I don't want them, give them back to her. I then asked her why she gave them to me and she told me that it was just for a sign of appreciation. I told her that I thought it was for an early valentine and she said it was not for valentine and she expressed to me how she felt about valentine. I told her how I felt at the moment of receiving the gift, that I was shocked and not sure how to react and worried about not having something in return instantaneously. She told me not to question about the gift and just be thankful about it. Til this morning, she was still upset at me. We left for work at the same time as usual right before 7:30AM (I go workout every morning while she commutes further to work), I wore the new shoes she gave me to show her that I do like it and thankful for it, yet it didn't get the sadness out of her.

I think I have problems expressing feelings, letting out emotions. Maybe that's part of my communication problem. Definitely something that I need to work on. Anyhow, she loves flowers and I immediately order some for her right when I got to work. I got the florist (Ezai Flowers) to have them delivered today. Hopefully, it'll brighten her day up. At the meantime, I will pursue on getting a gift for her for valentine's day which was my original plan, regardless of how the thinks about valentine's day. I can use it to express my sign of appreciation to her.

This might not be the best story or maybe it leads you to think negatively of me, but I'm learning and I'm trying. Maybe I'm the robot.

Happy Friday.

:banana:
I know what you meant unfortunately. When someone give another person a gift... the gifter usually has some sort of expectation. I gotten gifts before where I have to act surprise... or very happy... but I wasn't. Sometime I have to freak it and the other person get mad. It's suck. I am pretty good at not expecting any reaction from the other person. If I think that person will like the gift then I'll just go ahead and buy it/made it. Sometime it takes a lot to impress a person and sometime it takes a little but you impress the heck out of them. eg. My friend told me about this favorite TV show that like and she said they don't have it on DVD. I went online one day and found it online (it released it like a year ago). I go ahead and bought it for her and she was like OMGGG. I think I did a good job there because I bought her sometime that she doesn't even know it exists. The effort... couple of clicks. Anyway, I hope things are going well with the miss.

Quick Reply: In Your Basket?