9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
+1 for jerry s
Old 10-19-2005, 06:07 PM
kym

Car Info: Lotus Elise
Originally Posted by shim022
tsuruhashi
shinsengumi, kappo honda, and tsuruhashi are all in fountain valley, btw.
First of all, word. Seri knows her shiz.

Secondly,

Originally Posted by STR76
Maru Sushi
1500 Adams Ave
Word^2. It's well priced ... sigma pi, Louis and I went here after I almost killed Louis.

Some of my favorites:
Chat Noir - Parisian style atmosphere. Head chef is David Wilhelm - amazing food for the prices - http://www.culinaryadventures.com/Pages/ChatNoir.html
Karl Strauss Brewery at Metropointe - Think upscale BJ's ... I really like this place for lunch, and there's a movie theatre right upstairs - http://www.karlstrauss.com
Maggianos - Nice Italian sit-down place ... huge portions, nobody makes it out of there without a doggy bag. And if they do, it's kind of gross they can eat that much - http://www.maggianos.com/
Little India - Your hole-in-the-wall Indian place at the corner of Bristol and Baker. Cheap lunch buffet that tastes good.

I think a bunch of us has hit up Little India and Karl Strauss for lunch a couple of times.

Lemme know if you're looking into any particular type of food in Costa Mesa. It's my hood!
Old 10-19-2005, 06:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Giant Bowery '84
Originally Posted by kym

Secondly,

Word^2. It's well priced ... sigma pi, Louis and I went here after I almost killed Louis.

Some of my favorites:
Chat Noir - Parisian style atmosphere. Head chef is David Wilhelm - amazing food for the prices - http://www.culinaryadventures.com/Pages/ChatNoir.html
Karl Strauss Brewery at Metropointe - Think upscale BJ's ... I really like this place for lunch, and there's a movie theatre right upstairs - http://www.karlstrauss.com
Maggianos - Nice Italian sit-down place ... huge portions, nobody makes it out of there without a doggy bag. And if they do, it's kind of gross they can eat that much - http://www.maggianos.com/
Little India - Your hole-in-the-wall Indian place at the corner of Bristol and Baker. Cheap lunch buffet that tastes good.

I think a bunch of us has hit up Little India and Karl Strauss for lunch a couple of times.

Lemme know if you're looking into any particular type of food in Costa Mesa. It's my hood!

The indian lunch buffet sounds might yum.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:22 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
Karl Strauss is good but if you make the drive you might as well convince your date to buy you Ruth's Chris! Now thats yummy!!!

Does anyone know if Maru Sushi still has half price sushi if you sit at the bar still? It's been so long since I've been there.

Sean
Old 10-19-2005, 10:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Wagon
Originally Posted by kym

Secondly,

Some of my favorites:

You just gave me more reasons to gain weight... *_*. Thanks for the info. Every single one of them sounds interested.

BTW: Hi Kym
Old 10-19-2005, 10:13 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by shim022
on weekdays, they have a 'family set' so it keeps the dinner down to under $20. maybe $25 if you go all out.

they all have menus in english, but it just might be harder to communicate with them. i've seen plenty of non-japanese people eat there. they're all open late so don't worry about the closing time.
They speak english =) Me and two of my friends order Family Set B (20 bucks), kimchi fried rice ($8), pork rib (5?) and chicken legs (5?). We end up paying $15 bucks each. It tastes good. The only problem is, I am still hungry =P. I almost want to go to Shin Sen Gumi afterward, but then I will be eating way too much.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:14 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by gc8 pimp
there's a japanese place on the corner of sunflower and bristol. northeast corner. I forgot what it's called, but I sometimes go there for lunch. Otherwise, pork curry at mitsua.
What up Benson. For a while I thought you were soggynoodle and I was like... how the heck do you know places in scal.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:30 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by kenshin01
What up Benson. For a while I thought you were soggynoodle and I was like... how the heck do you know places in scal.
saved for posterity
Old 10-20-2005, 10:15 AM
kym

Car Info: Lotus Elise
Originally Posted by STR76
Karl Strauss is good but if you make the drive you might as well convince your date to buy you Ruth's Chris! Now thats yummy!!!

Does anyone know if Maru Sushi still has half price sushi if you sit at the bar still? It's been so long since I've been there.

Sean
Yup! It doesn't matter whether you sit at the bar or table, if you get half off *most* of the sushi if you order two or more rolls for lunch/three or more rolls for dinner.

You just gave me more reasons to gain weight... *_*. Thanks for the info. Every single one of them sounds interested.

BTW: Hi Kym
Hi Louis! Mother India - mmmmm!
Old 10-20-2005, 10:20 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
haha that's not me. He's just my #1 fan.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:14 PM

Car Info: 02 PSM WRX V8 STI/Green powered
www.citysearch.com better advice then these idiots.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:02 PM
9 to 5 mod

why didnt you go to the nice rack meet?
Old 10-20-2005, 11:33 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX Crystal Gray Metallic
california shabu shabu (next to the elvis karaoke place) on brookhurst near shin sen gumi... joyce the server there is hot! ango tei (sushi) i hear is pretty good too (near mitsuwa) but i dont eat seafood so i wouldnt know....
Old 10-20-2005, 11:57 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by penguin051580
california shabu shabu (next to the elvis karaoke place) on brookhurst near shin sen gumi... joyce the server there is hot! ango tei (sushi) i hear is pretty good too (near mitsuwa) but i dont eat seafood so i wouldnt know....
haha i dont eat seafood eithe r

we need a meet to see this "hot girl"
Old 10-20-2005, 11:59 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX Crystal Gray Metallic
she works fridays and saturdays from what the owner says... i went last thursday and was disappointed

Quick Reply: Where are good places to eat in Costa Mesa