What would/can you do to get outta this mess, ticket wrongfully issued to you...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 09:22 AM

Car Info: 04 STi WRB
What would/can you do to get outta this mess, ticket wrongfully issued to you...

I have a neighbor who is currently being screwed by the city of Glendale. He tried to re-new his license and it shows up suspended. So he made some calls to find out what the deal was and it turns out that he's got a ticket given "to him" in a city that he's never been in.

So he drives over there to clear up matters and they give him a copy of the ticket, which turns out was issues to someone with the same first and last name, who also owns a Ford and happens to be born the same day (how ironic and small this world can be.) This person however, has a different license number (WAY OFF!) and his middle name is different too.

So with that cleared and out of the way, you would think that they would just dismiss that from my neighbor's record. They don't! He's gotta go to court for it!

My question is... is there anything he can do to dismiss this matter without him having to return back to Glendale for anything? I mean, it makes no sense that not only is he being screwed by the city by issuing him the ticket, but he's also being screwed cause he's gotta return at least once more for a court appearance that shouldn't even belong to him!

BTW, Glendale is pretty darn far from Murrieta and being there at 8am for a court date sucks... even more so when you work nights and get off work at 3am...
Old 07-25-2005, 09:24 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
hes focked

remember its guilty until proven innocent in this country!
Old 07-25-2005, 09:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Pooparu
wow that really sux.. can't he take that ticket to the dmv and show that the ticket in his record is a different person??
yeah i guess most stuff have to deal through court..
which really sucks..
Old 07-25-2005, 09:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: GC8 v5 Impreza
He'd have to write to the city/city court. This takes time though. If that doesn't work, he'd have to go to court.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:39 AM

Car Info: 03 wrx
Most tickets can be resolved, or at least argued, via a written letter mailed to the court. The only down side to writting a letter is that there is no back and forth, once your letter is mailed, that's the only argument that the judge has on your behalf. For an issue like this, I'm sure it would be easy to fix it via letter. I'd say to just have your neighbor send in a photocopy of his license and the ticket itself and then explain his findings: how the person that the ticket was issued to is not him because of: a)... b)... c)...., "which can be observed by blah blah blah." Just make sure he sticks to the facts and that he leaves no holes in his argument. Also be sure to mention that he is pleading not guilty to the ticket, it should be started off like that.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:01 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX IMPREZA SEDAN
dude that really sucks for him