What wax does everyone use?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 09:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Originally posted by Wrx0R
yep u gotta keep your car clean =)

i usually wash my car every weekend, and keep it under and car cover every nite to keep her warm =)

hehe

waxing, just waxed her 2 days ago, but ima need to do a full detail this weekend if i can find the time to do it

jakris

doesnt waxing your car that much ruin the paint?
The clear coat does get scratches in it, but thats why I use that scratch repair kit. The car will get painted this spring.
Old 01-29-2003, 10:08 AM
VIP Member

hmm what scratch kit do you use? my car got swirl marks i need to get rid of =(
If you have another UCI meet, I'll tell you what I use....just make sure Irishbro isn't there to lie about invading a honda-tech meet

j/k.....I use the meguir's repair kit.

Franco
Old 01-29-2003, 10:15 AM
VIP Member

Sweet are they 20" dubs?
Old 01-29-2003, 10:41 AM
VIP Member

21 bling bling baby!! w00t!! hahah

seriously..i got the rota sdr.

no more advans for me =( couldnt wait that long
Post some pics when there on.
Old 01-29-2003, 01:54 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by eric m.

hey val, didn't you go through one of those once and it ruined your paint? i thought you were a pro car wash guy, why would you do that?
lol
Old 01-29-2003, 03:13 PM

Car Info: 02 GDA 5spd Silver
i hope matt doesn't get mad that i posted his secrets. i used to just go through the stupid machine car wash thing at the gas stations, but those are so bad for your paint. i'm never doing that again. it's not worth it.

dude eric, matt is gonna hunt you down f00!

-t0m
Old 02-08-2003, 05:46 PM

What about the interior?

I just bought Zumol wax. Consumer Reports liked it the best so I thought I would give it a try. At 4 times the price of Turtle Wax it had better be good.

I am curious about interior cleaners. I was told by some leather apolsterers that Armor All was the worst thing you could do to the interior of your car. It was actually worse than doing nothing.

So what should I use?

Thanks,
Old 02-08-2003, 09:35 PM

Car Info: 1988 MR2 S/C
Nothing beats Turtle Wax
Old 02-08-2003, 09:38 PM

Car Info: 1988 MR2 S/C
my car was really looking like crap until mattjk helped me restore it recently, and now it looks better than it was new!

we used cheap products that most details would turn up their noses at, but it worked really well, and i was amazed at the results!

first, i washed the car and used turtle wax zip wax car wash. then i rinsed it off. then without drying it, we used liquid wax from the wax shop and went around the car and waxed it 3 times in a row. it was a lot of work, but it really got the car super shiny.

i also have some stuff called express shine that can be used like mequiars quick detailer between washing. i haven't really used it yet, but matt really likes it.

i dressed up the plastic and rubber parts of the exterior and interior with some silicone based dressing and wiped it so it wasn't crazy shiny, and it just makes everything look new and clean. then i used wheel cleaner and some of that tire wet stuff and cleaned up the tires and wheels.

i think it turned out great considering the stuff i used was cheap over the counter supplies. a good compromise when you aren't elite like val and able to get professional products.

one more thing matt told me: if you take a soft piece of cotton, like a clean white t-shirt and go over the car, shaking it out after each body panel, you can keep it clean as long as it doesn't rain or get really dirty. you just have to do it every night. matt keeps his car in a garage and he hasn't washed his car in over 6 months, and it looks like it was just washed!

i hope matt doesn't get mad that i posted his secrets. i used to just go through the stupid machine car wash thing at the gas stations, but those are so bad for your paint. i'm never doing that again. it's not worth it.

hey val, didn't you go through one of those once and it ruined your paint? i thought you were a pro car wash guy, why would you do that?
I'm doing the same thing with Dana's MP5, looks like new and
haven't washed it since we bought it.

Matt

Quick Reply: What wax does everyone use?