Wan Li melts like ice-cream. What kinda tires are you running?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 07:15 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by hey1
exactly.. great reaction.
***YAWN***
Old 06-02-2005, 07:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Giant Bowery '84
Red face

Originally Posted by BLITZSTI
the sidewall is softer and not as agressive of a tread pattern
what's the advantage and disadvantage of having a hard side wall? As for tread pattern, that's not my number 1 priority in terms of how aggressive they look. I do agree with you that your tires has excellent grip, but I also notice the bumpiness of the ride. Although my ride has gotten bumpier after getting the suspension, that doesn't mean I enjoy the bumpines. So I am kinda looking to improve the ride quality and of course along with the performance. Overall, all these tires listed on this thread beats wanli for sure. Just the matter of decision and considerations.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:23 AM
VIP Member

what's the advantage and disadvantage of having a hard side wall? As for tread pattern, that's not my number 1 priority in terms of how aggressive they look. I do agree with you that your tires has excellent grip, but I also notice the bumpiness of the ride. Although my ride has gotten bumpier after getting the suspension, that doesn't mean I enjoy the bumpines. So I am kinda looking to improve the ride quality and of course along with the performance. Overall, all these tires listed on this thread beats wanli for sure. Just the matter of decision and considerations.
the agressive tread pattern is not for looks, it actually serves a purpose i.e. better handling, steering response. the stiffer sidewall helps with cornering. the re92s when it hits the turn the sidewall flexes which slide and squeel like a pig in heat. the re070s with the super stiff sidewall helps plant the car and under heaving load (i.e. hard turns) keeping the car nice and square.

my ride is bumpier because if you have not notice im on 10kg coilovers. you should have ridden in chongs car when he had the pinks... it felt perfect, no bounce at all. although tires play a contributing factor to a harsher ride, the suspension in fact is the main reason your car feels bumpier because its stiffer. stiffer supsension = harder ride, soft suspension = cushy ride.

Last edited by BLITZSTI; 06-02-2005 at 09:26 AM.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:54 AM
VIP Member

the agressive tread pattern is not for looks, it actually serves a purpose i.e. better handling, steering response. the stiffer sidewall helps with cornering. the re92s when it hits the turn the sidewall flexes which slide and squeel like a pig in heat. the re070s with the super stiff sidewall helps plant the car and under heaving load (i.e. hard turns) keeping the car nice and square.

my ride is bumpier because if you have not notice im on 10kg coilovers. you should have ridden in chongs car when he had the pinks... it felt perfect, no bounce at all. although tires play a contributing factor to a harsher ride, the suspension in fact is the main reason your car feels bumpier because its stiffer. stiffer supsension = harder ride, soft suspension = cushy ride.
oh when you were comparing the tread between the re050a and the re070.. you said that you like the tread pattern better and how aggressive it is.. but from the ratings in terms of performance of the tire.. re050a seems to out perform the re050a.. then again.. personal experiences needed... plus.. it really depends on how the driver drives.. furthermore.. re050a are a bit expensive...

well.. i think the decision will be made among the choices 750, 070, and s03s...

maybe i should invest on pinks.. but i don't wanna take the struts off / back on.. =\.. err.. decision decision.. here comes my forte again.. "indecisive"

deja vu just like the whole "what's your first mod?" ordeal.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:12 AM
VIP Member

oh when you were comparing the tread between the re050a and the re070.. you said that you like the tread pattern better and how aggressive it is.. but from the ratings in terms of performance of the tire.. re050a seems to out perform the re050a.. then again.. personal experiences needed... plus.. it really depends on how the driver drives.. furthermore.. re050a are a bit expensive...

well.. i think the decision will be made among the choices 750, 070, and s03s...

maybe i should invest on pinks.. but i don't wanna take the struts off / back on.. =\.. err.. decision decision.. here comes my forte again.. "indecisive"

deja vu just like the whole "what's your first mod?" ordeal.
yeah i will always suggest the re070s for 17's, they made it in 18's i would get them again. the 050a better than 070? naw... the 050 are a symetrical tread pattern and yes they will be quiter due to a softer sidewall, thats why its on a e55 benz. the re070s were designed specifically for the sti. like i said you can always borrow mine wheels for a few days when my new set comes in.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:02 AM
VIP Member

yeah i will always suggest the re070s for 17's, they made it in 18's i would get them again. the 050a better than 070? naw... the 050 are a symetrical tread pattern and yes they will be quiter due to a softer sidewall, thats why its on a e55 benz. the re070s were designed specifically for the sti. like i said you can always borrow mine wheels for a few days when my new set comes in.
yeah.. maybe i'll give it a try... when are you getting your wheels in? and what tires will u be running?
Old 06-02-2005, 11:13 AM
VIP Member

yeah.. maybe i'll give it a try... when are you getting your wheels in? and what tires will u be running?
june 13 hopefully

getting s03s. some people dont like it cuz it slides, but you actually go faster when you slide the car as opposed to full grip which creates alot of friction. i was in my friends evo with s03s.. damn thing handled amazingly well. to me i like the breaking point of the tires... very predictable and ease of control... but thats just me..
Old 06-16-2005, 07:21 AM
VIP Member

passed june 13.. how are the new shoes?
Old 06-16-2005, 07:32 AM
VIP Member

passed june 13.. how are the new shoes?
you bastard! hahaha the shoes from what i heard have docked...and being taken out of the container... so now its up to the great ol' "u.s." customs. if they arent lazy like mike, i'll be picking up saturday. if in deed they are lazy like mike... then it will be next saturday. =(* i might even speed things up and pick them up from the distributer since they are down the street from me.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:39 AM
VIP Member

why am i a bastard? for bringing up your sad news of not getting them yet? hehe..
Old 06-16-2005, 07:56 AM
VIP Member

why am i a bastard? for bringing up your sad news of not getting them yet? hehe..
BOTH! hahaha its all good.. at least i know its not somewhere in the middle of the pacific ocean
Old 06-16-2005, 09:06 AM
VIP Member

just got my confirmation... next week it is... =(* freaking anticipation is killing me!
Old 06-16-2005, 10:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: FORD PINTO
just got my confirmation... next week it is... =(* freaking anticipation is killing me!
so it's not here yet???
Old 06-16-2005, 11:01 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by c279a
so it's not here yet???
you qouted my post.. what does it say?

once again NO its not here yet. its at the port waiting to go through customs
Old 06-16-2005, 11:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: FORD PINTO
you qouted my post.. what does it say?

once again NO its not here yet. its at the port waiting to go through customs

my bad I mean if they have arrived at the port...so they there waiting...

Quick Reply: Wan Li melts like ice-cream. What kinda tires are you running?